Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
WotC's The Making of Original Dungeons & Dragons, 1970-1976 promises new documents ab
Quote:Finally, Wizards plans to publish a new non-fiction book, The Making of Original Dungeons & Dragons, 1970-1976. Coming in at over 500 pages long, Making will feature design documents and reproduced correspondence from Gygax, his co-writer Dave Arneson, and the other artists and designers who contributed to the original 1974 edition of D&D.

Source: https://www.escapistmagazine.com/heres-w...y-in-2024/

I for one will be interested in those documents!

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
My Christmas wish would be that WotC hired a real historian to write and research, but alas, I suspect otherwise. Well, fingers crossed the Minnesota boys and girls get a fair shake and aren't swept to the side as has so often been the case.
(12-07-2023, 05:51 PM)aldarron Wrote: My Christmas wish would be that WotC hired a real historian to write and research, but alas, I suspect otherwise. Well, fingers crossed the Minnesota boys and girls get a fair shake and aren't swept to the side as has so often been the case.

Well, they have Jon Peterson. He's the best D&D researcher, IMO.
Marv / Finarvyn
Member of The Regency Council
Visit my Blackmoor OD&D board
OD&D since 1975

"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
- Dave Arneson

[Image: Giladan.png]
(01-04-2024, 07:18 AM)finarvyn Wrote:
(12-07-2023, 05:51 PM)aldarron Wrote: My Christmas wish would be that WotC hired a real historian to write and research, but alas, I suspect otherwise. Well, fingers crossed the Minnesota boys and girls get a fair shake and aren't swept to the side as has so often been the case.

Well, they have Jon Peterson. He's the best D&D researcher, IMO.

Yes, Peterson will be among the authors of this book. He confirmed that to me. That does lend credibility to the book. I am not sure who else will be involved. Was that announced anywhere?

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign