Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Dave Arneson Game Day 2023 is -today!
Game designer Jamie Chambers posted a message about Dave Arneson on Sept 29 which also attracted some nice comments:

Jamie Chambers Wrote:Today is Dave Arneson's birthday. I only got to meet him once the year before he died when he visited RockCon in Rockford, Illinois (which I helped organize at the time). I wish I could better remember the stories and the chats we had that day, but what I took away was this feeling he conveyed about what it was like back in the days transitioning from wargames into what are now RPGs. I hope Dave's legacy will be preserved and remembered.

SeanHe was a good man to chat too - yeah same Jamie Chambers - only met him a hand full of times and all US based conventions.[/quote Wrote:[quote="TSR's Skip Williams"]
I miss Dave a great deal. He always made time for me.

Doc Wrote:I met Dave a few times at Gen Cons. Very nice guy.

Jae Walker, former Blackmoor MMRPG Organizer Wrote:I worked on organizing, playtesting, and editing on Blackmoor Organized Play with Dave. I miss him every day.

Michael Wrote:I had the pleasure of playing in one of Dave's games at Oakland University's annual Nova convention back during the early 1980s. It was an honor to die gloriously after plummeting into Blackmoor Bay to provide a meal to its marine life. Dave apologized to those of us whose characters were fish food, but we raucously cheered it as THE coolest death any of us had experienced in a game.

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign