Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Champions of ZED books available
Probably everyone has seen this mentioned on Fin's forum, but it occurred to me that I should mention here too that I have some of the original print run Champions of Zero Edition Dungeoneering hardback gamebooks left. Each is signed and numbered.

This game may be of interest to Dave Arneson fans in that I have incorporated nearly every Arneson D&D houserule and gaming proceedure into these rules. (a list of which can be accessed here http://odd74.proboards.com/thread/11213/...references )

Anyway, the books are $25 domestic US or $45 international and payments can be made via paypal to boggswood @ gmail

Oh, here is the "back cover" blurb:
"To the extent possible, that is what Champions of ZED is. Champions of ZED aims to be very, very close in fact and spirit to the original three game booklets published in 1974, the earlier, recently recovered draft known as Beyond This Point be Dragons (aka the “Dalluhn Manuscript”), related materials directly from the two authors, and relevant portions of the Medieval Miniatures rules of 1971. The overriding goal has been to harmonize the collaborative genius of these two men, minimize the post publication input of others, and reset to zero the worlds greatest fantasy game, as only an inquisitive and careful editor can. Nevertheless the purpose for creating Champions of ZED is not simply to please a limited group of game Grognards interested in historical what-ifs. Rather Champions of ZED is designed to serve as a pathway to a different and neglected style of collective world building and open, exploratory gaming, or as it is often called, “Sandbox” play."
It's a good deal. When I ordered mine I didn't realize that it was a hardback. I'm pretty happy with the purchase.
Marv / Finarvyn
Member of The Regency Council
Visit my Blackmoor OD&D board
OD&D since 1975

"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
- Dave Arneson

[Image: Giladan.png]