Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
[PL Spoilers] [MY] Prinz Jaggar of Dragons Rock
Dragons Rock is of course the small island in the middle of Blackmoor Bay, also known as Serpent Rock.

Gaz3 the Principalities of Glantri, describes a character named Prince Jaggar von Drachenfels. Rafael might confirm this, but googling the name Drachenfels, the meaning Dragon's Rock comes up. Moreover, the character claims to have ancestors from ancient Blackmoor. He also "carries a laser gun of Blackmoorian origins".

While Arneson purists will have little interest in this, I am thinking it could be cool to introduce a minor noble family of Blackmoor, known as the Dragons Rock family.

Any thoughts on this?

Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
You know, out of reasons I can't yet tell you, I would enjoy murdering some of your posts here right away after you put them out! :wink:
I mean, SERIOUSLY, are you aware of how difficult it is to come up with tongue-in-cheeks like this?! - And you're finding them all, one by one! Big Grin
Heh, I guess I could stop posting....? :wink:

-Havard
[Image: orcDippingChariot.JPG]

Big Grin Hehe, don't you dare!
Havard Wrote:Dragons Rock is of course the small island in the middle of Blackmoor Bay, also known as Serpent Rock.

Gaz3 the Principalities of Glantri, describes a character named Prince Jaggar von Drachenfels. Rafael might confirm this, but googling the name Drachenfels, the meaning Dragon's Rock comes up. Moreover, the character claims to have ancestors from ancient Blackmoor. He also "carries a laser gun of Blackmoorian origins".

While Arneson purists will have little interest in this, I am thinking it could be cool to introduce a minor noble family of Blackmoor, known as the Dragons Rock family.

Any thoughts on this?

Havard

Could work as the ancient, pre king rob ruling family, anyway, adopting info from a tsr Gaz is no worse than using any of the stuff ritchie made up. BTW a "jagger/jaggar" in my native western Pennsylvania dialect is a thorn. kinda fits.
Aldarron Wrote:Could work as the ancient, pre king rob ruling family, anyway, adopting info from a tsr Gaz is no worse than using any of the stuff ritchie made up. BTW a "jagger/jaggar" in my native western Pennsylvania dialect is a thorn. kinda fits.

My approach to Blackmoor is an all-inclusive one, taking into consideration every source mentioing Blackmoor and making neccessary tweaks only when they contradict eachother. Von Drachenfels was created by Bruce Heard, product manager of the Classic D&D line through the publication of the DA modules and until the end of the classic line in the 1990s. He seems to have been very much in favor of cultivating the Mystara/Blackmoor connection, making sure that as many Mystara products as possible referenced Blackmoor.

Since this thread is in the Beyond the Veil section, the topic here will be Mystara Blackmoor. Pre Rob rulers would not apply since Robert I founded Blackmoor and Thonia in this Blackmoor variant if not in all.

I am also wondering about Jaggar's laster pistol (or "L-shaped device"). Could this have been from the City of the Gods, or is it something created by the Blackmoorians in the centuries that followed?

-Havard
Havard Wrote:I am also wondering about Jaggar's laster pistol (or "L-shaped device"). Could this have been from the City of the Gods, or is it something created by the Blackmoorians in the centuries that followed?
Consider the slaying sticks described in the BM 3.5 Clockworks & Steam book.
[Image: Sven.png]
Baetho an Elf
The Vales campaign
gsvenson Wrote:
Havard Wrote:I am also wondering about Jaggar's laster pistol (or "L-shaped device"). Could this have been from the City of the Gods, or is it something created by the Blackmoorians in the centuries that followed?
Consider the slaying sticks described in the BM 3.5 Clockworks & Steam book.

Thanks for pointing that out Greg! It might indeed be a weapon of of proper Blackmoorian origin rather than an artifact from the City of the Gods then!

-Havard