Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Buried in Chicago
Well, the blizzard that hit Chicago buried us under a whole bunch of snow. My school cancelled today, which isn't totally unusual, but they also cancelled tomorrow. In 23 years of teaching I don't ever recall getting called off for two days straight. Confusedhock:

While you'd think this would leave me with a bunch of spare time to goof off, I had to shovel my driveway. We have a 3-car width drive and no snow blower, so I had to clear it using Marv Power. (Shovel.) I worked about a half hour on and took a half hour off from 5:30 this AM until about 2 this afternoon.

Finally, once I thought I was done, the darned snow plows finally cleared the street, which packed a mountain of snow roughly 3 feet tall, 3 feet deep, and perhaps 12 feet wide at the end of my driveway. Another hour and fifteen minutes later, my driveway is clear (again) at last.

I'm starting to hate winter. Tongue

Hopefully I can get back on track and post lots tomorrow!
Marv / Finarvyn
Member of The Regency Council
Visit my Blackmoor OD&D board
OD&D since 1975

"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
- Dave Arneson

[Image: Giladan.png]
I feel for you man. OTOH, shovelling snow makes for good exercise. It helps having a good shovel though. We have a wide selection of that kind of equipment over here, for understandable reasons Smile

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Havard Wrote:We have a wide selection of that kind of equipment over here, for understandable reasons Smile

Yeah, to fight those damn Swedish tomtar! Confusedhock: