Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Thread:
Death of Hadeen
I had to read up on Hadeen when I was doing the Kurgan writeup. In his description, it says that he is believed to have been murdered when the Afridhi invaded. There are several legends about his death, what happened to his bow etc that are important in Peshwa myths. Yet, the Afridhi invasion happened only 17 years ago.

When I think of legends, I assume that events would have happened so long ago that only a few if any remember the events? Any thoughts?

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Check the Bow of Hadeen series/ask Scott. Smile
Rafael Wrote:Check the Bow of Hadeen series/ask Scott. Smile

Ah! There are still plenty of holes in my lore about the MMRPG Episodes. Will talk to Scott about this, thanks!

-Havard
Depends on the figure really. I don't know Hadeen at all, but if he were some kind of spiritual leader, his death could easily be incorporated into the mythos right away.
Aldarron Wrote:Depends on the figure really. I don't know Hadeen at all, but if he were some kind of spiritual leader, his death could easily be incorporated into the mythos right away.

The way I am reading the source material, Hadeen was a God, as was his brother Calelrin.

Of course, it could have been interesting to have them both be mortals, or demigods, acting on Blackmoor's surface before one killed the other...

-Havard
When the traitorous god Calelrin murdered his brother Hadeen in 1003, Hadeen's body fell to the Earth as did his bow and quiver of arrows. The Peshwah have a prophecy that one of their own will find Hadeen's lost bow and eventually lead the Peshwah to victory over the Afridhi.

On the night of Hadeen's fall, a Peshwah child was conceived. Nine months later, on the night of the fall of the Beagle, the child was born as his father found a piece of the fallen skymetal. These events marked the child, Peshwan na Sulla, as the Starborn of Hadeen; possibly the prophesied one who would rediscover Hadeen's missing bow.

The story is not pure legend, however, as it known that at least some of Hadeen's arrows have found their way into the possession of a dragon, who is very interested in using them as bargaining chips...

For the rest of the story, see Episodes 4, 14, 22, 27, 50, and 78!
*Sheridan
Check out my latest projects: The Fey Codex (https://www.dmsguild.com/product/237056) and Heart and Soul (levels 5-10, https://www.dmsguild.com/product/252178).
[Image: Tolleen.png]
Thank you so much for providing these additional details Scott! I always assumed that Hadeens fall was the Peshwa explaination for the fall of the Beagle, rather than having two objects fall from the sky, so close to eachother in time.

I will need to read up on those episodes!

-Havard
sheridan Wrote:For the rest of the story, see Episodes 4, 14, 22, 27, 50, and 78!

Episode 78, was that one ever released?

-Havard
Havard Wrote:Episode 78, was that one ever released?

Send me an email. ;^)
*Sheridan
Check out my latest projects: The Fey Codex (https://www.dmsguild.com/product/237056) and Heart and Soul (levels 5-10, https://www.dmsguild.com/product/252178).
[Image: Tolleen.png]
sheridan Wrote:
Havard Wrote:Episode 78, was that one ever released?

Send me an email. ;^)

Sent Smile

Anyway, I am trying to figure out this whole deal with the Bow of Hadeen.

When Hadeen ascended to Godhood centuries ago, he left his weapons with the Briela Tribe. When a corrupt member of that tribe ran off with the weapons, the Briela began their age long quest for the Bow and Arrows of Haddeen.

However, when Hadeen is killed in 1003, he is in posession of his weapons, which are lost for a second time.

I am missing something in between here. There is one reference to the "Return of Hadeen" that might be a clue to what I am missing. But at what point did Hadeen recover his Bow and Arrows, only to loose them again?

I have been skimming through the relevant MMRPG episode and enjoying them greatly. Much more information there than expected. I don't want to give away too much from them in my project, but I will include a few items in my timeline, just to direct people's attention that way. Smile

-Havard