Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
"The Temple of the Frog", CMP, 2008.
[Image: templefrog.jpg]

Quote:For thirty years The Temple has claimed the lives of many brave and cunning adventurers.
For thirty years, those who have lived to tell the tale, speak of the challenges they faced.
For thirty years The Temple has challenged players and Dungeon Masters alike.

Do you dare to brave the Great Dismal Swamp?

Are your prepared to face the challenges, solve the puzzles and defeat the foes awaiting you?

Are you ready to learn the secrets of The Temple of the Frog?

Come then and test your nerve and skills. Learn what others have failed to learn,
The Temple of The Frog is dangerous and those unprepared will meet their doom.

The Temple of The Frog is designed for 4 to 6 player characters
ranging in experience between levels 5 to 9.

https://www.codemonkeypublishing.biz/xc ... oductid=10
5 of 5 smashed Afridhi Skulls.

This books delivers, like all of the later PDF/minimal print runs by ZGG and CMP.

An excellent, well-thought, and nicely executed book that stands his ground against almost anything bigger publishers bigger 3rd party publishers
like Necromancer Games or White Wolf put out.

As of the 3e remakes and updates, it stands out as the probably best re-envisioning of an old adventure.
(Looking at, say, "Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil", or the "Expedition" series in comparison.)

I like, very subjectively, "City of Gods" even better, but as to where to start a Blackmoor campaign with a new group, I'd probably use this version of TotF.

Basically, the most recommendable book of the ZGG run I have commented on so far.
I like how the scope is not just the temple itself, but also the surrounding region of the swamps.

The Temple is of course a legendary adventure location, which means everyone should have one of these as part of their collections.

Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign