Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
"The Wizards Cabal", ZGG, 2006.
[Image: 160506073.jpg]

Quote:This sourcebook explores the Wizards Cabal, a governing entity in the world of Blackmoor and a crucial institution for any campaign involving wizardry. Filled with a wealth of new spells, feats, prestige classes, magic items, and alternate magic rules.

http://www.amazon.com/BLACKMOOR-Wizards ... 127&sr=8-1
3 of 5 smashed Afridhi skulls.

The book itself is fairly well done, if maybe a bit rushed.
My problem is, as I have explained fairly often and fairly extensively on this and other boards,
I genuinely dislike the whole Mage Wars storyline, as I think it does the setting a disservice.

But the other parts of the book - the funny adventure, the short stories - make up for it.

Let's put it like this: I don't like the book. But I think others might well like it.
I thought the Mage Wars storyline was too much, and not really necessary. It's still a good book though, and has many plot lines for any Blackmoor campaign.

Whether you treat the Cabal as good or evil will make a big difference in the campaign though, so be warned.
[Image: JamesPren.png]

Davey Carter Human Swordmaster
Tales from the Vales

View my maps on flickr | Blackmoor Maps on Dropbox | Wilderlands Maps on Dropbox
Yepp, my thoughts exactly.

The storyline is not balanced against the setting at all.

Yet, for a campaign solely based on the d20 material, it might work somehow.
Its not so bad, but lacking in specifics as to how the events relate to specific locations in the North as well as the general timeline.

There are some good ideas in there though. Dustin also explained the background for some of the new ideas in this book in his Q&A thread.

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign