Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Havard's Blog
Hey Havard, I can't comment on your blog using my Blogger.com profile anymore.

Is there a reason for this?

I wanted to ask if Larry Bond in the list of Blackmoor players was THE Larry Bond, creator of the Harpoon game/naval simulation?
[Image: JamesPren.png]

Davey Carter Human Swordmaster
Tales from the Vales

View my maps on flickr | Blackmoor Maps on Dropbox | Wilderlands Maps on Dropbox
Dave L Wrote:Hey Havard, I can't comment on your blog using my Blogger.com profile anymore.

Is there a reason for this?

Hmmm... I've been trying to find a good setting for who can comment, since there's been a bit of spam comments lately. However, I don't want you guys not to be able to comment! Smile

Alright, now it has been opened so that everyone can comment again.

Thanks for bringing up the issue. It is possible that others have had the same problem.

Quote:I wanted to ask if Larry Bond in the list of Blackmoor players was THE Larry Bond, creator of the Harpoon game/naval simulation?

Not sure, but let's see:

Wikipedia Wrote:Graduating from St. Thomas College, St. Paul, Minnesota in 1973 with a degree in Quantitative Methods, Larry worked first as a computer programmer for two years before being selected for Officer Candidate School in Newport, Rhode Island.

Having studied in St. Paul MN makes it very likely that this is the same person. Great catch Dave! Smile

I'm not familiar with the game. What else can you tell me about it?

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Havard Wrote:Having studied in St. Paul MN makes it very likely that this is the same person. Great catch Dave! Smile

I'm not familiar with the game. What else can you tell me about it?

-Havard
Oh my!
The computerised version of the game is basically a declassified version of the US Navy's tactical simulator - or at least it was 15 years or so ago.
I played it for years in its different iterations, but could never cope with it on "full reality".

I still have the CD somewhere - I think the 2000 edition even featured mid-air refueling capabilities.

Larry was Tom Clancy's advisor on the naval combat portion of The Hunt For Red October. Smile

NB: Just done a check online - look here.

It seems they still have their Defense department links, and there's an updated commercial version too. Smile
[Image: JamesPren.png]

Davey Carter Human Swordmaster
Tales from the Vales

View my maps on flickr | Blackmoor Maps on Dropbox | Wilderlands Maps on Dropbox
Dave L Wrote:Oh my!
The computerised version of the game is basically a declassified version of the US Navy's tactical simulator - or at least it was 15 years or so ago.
I played it for years in its different iterations, but could never cope with it on "full reality".

I still have the CD somewhere - I think the 2000 edition even featured mid-air refueling capabilities.

Larry was Tom Clancy's advisor on the naval combat portion of The Hunt For Red October. Smile

NB: Just done a check online - look here.

It seems they still have their Defense department links, and there's an updated commercial version too. Smile

Very interesting!

I managed to find an email adress for mr Bond at one of the sites and send him an email. Now, lets see if he answers... Smile

Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Big Grin

You could simply close the comments and ask the visitors to comment here, because of the spam problem.

Would help you and increase traffic here. Big Grin