Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Similar maps: D&D modules DA1 & DA4
I posted these on social media earlier and it occurred to me it'd be worth a post here: The similar maps of DA1 (Adventures in Blackmoor) and DA4 (Duchy of Ten). Maybe not new to y'all, but perhaps it is.

[Image: dscn5827001.jpg]

Not quite identical. I noticed in the southwest quadrant, DA4's map has additional settlements (Fort Pelwar, Tor Kurram, Fort Wazir, Fort Janrud, Camp Mahoud, Camp Orakzal, and Fort Jank).

[Image: dscn5824.jpg]

Most of the rest of the map seems identical to me, except DA1's map is (oddly enough) called "Map 5: The Northlands" and DA4 is "Map 1: The Northlands".

TSR did code them correctly in the margins.

DA1 = 9172XXX0701
DA4 = 9205XXX0701

Any additional insight, please post it.

-Wayne
Thanks for posting this Wayne!

I will need to reexamine these maps it seems! Smile

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Another difference between the two maps is the scale.

The scale for the DA1 map 5 "The Northlands" is 24 miles per hex, while the scale for the DA4 map 1 "The Northlands" is 12 miles per hex.

Interestingly, I have a copy of the DA1 map 5 "The Northlands" with a scale of 12 miles per hex, which bears a product code 9205XXX0701 (which is the code for the DA4 map). This version of the DA1 map also has the additional settlements, which makes me think that after the scale was changed for the DA4 map, subsequent printings of the DA1 map included a third version of the map (basically, the DA4 map, although labeled "map 5" instead of "map 1").
Now that is interesting. Thank you.