Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Looking for location suggestions
Hello new to the boards and still a little new to BM. I was looking to set up a small cluster of secluded villages in a valley somewhat near the city of blackmoor. Two locations I was considering was the peaks of booh or the storm killer mountains. I was looking to make it about 50 to 60 miles wide at least. Would these two locations be suitable? I have the ZGG BM setting book and they don't sound to hospitable though.
Hi there Mr Warlust!
Welcome to the Comeback Inn! Smile

What sort of surroundings are you looking for for your villages? Booh is mainly halfling land and probably much more hospitable than the Stormkillers. The latter I imagine are more rough terrain, and more importantly the home of some of the largest Orc tribes in the North.

Depending on your needs, the Crystal Peaks, Iron Hills or Black Hills may also be viable, although slightly more removed from Blackmoor. These are dwarf lands, but if you want to make them less so, placing your villages in the Black Hills near Dragonia could put them within that barony which would make them part of King Uther's Kindom.

Are you starting up a new Blackmoor campaign? Would love to hear more about it! Smile

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Yes they just arrived in Blackmoor from the realms. So tonight is the first full session. The valley would have to be forested and somewhat large. Thanks for the link to the map. I've got that one and thats what was making me think of the mountains of boon. As the mountain range looks large but the "official" map in the zietgiest games makes it seem a lot smaller. But I'm thinking of using the map you linked as I'm looking at a pretty large valley.

I'll have to post more once our session has ended.
bestial warlust Wrote:Yes they just arrived in Blackmoor from the realms....
I'll have to post more once our session has ended.
I look forward to seeing how things turn out. Please keep us posted Big Grin
Rob
[Image: Trista-Thronesig-zps94e26f1f.png]
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | twitter | The Blog