Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Underwater Adventures
Supplement II - Blackmor page 48:
Quote:Mythology is replete with tales of sunken cities, ships laden with loot and the like. Every warm blooded adventurer dreams of finding Mu, Lemuria, Atlantis or some such similar treasuretrove. But no such undertaking is done lightly; the perils of the deep are varied and deadly. The following data is presented to allow the incorporation of these possibilities with existing dry-land campaigns. Just how it is blended is left to the discretion of the referee. This is merely a presentation of data to enable just such an occurrence. One thing to keep in mind is that any but
magic-users will find it extremely hard to function (m-u have access to spells that enable them to breathe water, change their form, etc.). There are any number of ways to circumvent these obstacles. A few suggestions are: potions that allow water breathing, or give the consumer 'fishy' attributes; a type of seaweed that once ingested enables a character to function in water; helms of water breathing, etc. To entice the players into the water is the easiest part: simply leave maps, create legends (Legend Lore), or sprinkle in clues in the form of bizarre artifacts. Adventurers are notoriously gullible and easily duped or led astray.

In another thread Aldarron comments:

Aldarron Wrote:Underwater Adventures – Arneson, Kask, Marsh – the introduction to this section sounds rather Arnesonian but the rules themselves don’t really. I’m purely guessing, but I suspect that Kask set aside/reworked most of whatever crunch rules Arenson may have submitted here and likely incorporated material from Marsh.

Is there any record of Dave running Underwater Adventures in Blackmoor? I wonder if there were any Underwater locations in the Black Sea.

DoCBM mentions the Sar-Aigu as having left for sea after abandoning their settlemet on the Blackmoor Peninsula. Could their new home be one of those Underwater Cities?

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign