Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Lore and Information on Blackmoor D20 Map Locations?
I am trying to compile canon information on all the places named on the Blackmoor D20 map. Thankfully, most of the locations are featured or mentioned in the Dave Arneson's Blackmoor D20 campaign setting book or various sources such as the First Fantasy Campaign and the DA series of modules. I have not read through all the MMRPG adventures and resources, but I have the list of Blackmoor MMRPG adventures by location, and that has been helpful with this project as well.

I am trying to put together a basic summary of each location in a glossography, but details for some locations remain elusive.

I am hoping that others here may have information from officially published materials or other canon sources to help me fill in any gaps. I have a long list of locations, but I would like to start with several of them to see if anyone has information on these places. If you have any information, please site the source and page number (e.g. DA1, p. 20).

Here are several locations as a starting point, and I will post more in the future:

Northeast Corner of D20 Map
  • Buccaneer Bay
    Elkhorn Island
    Sinking Lands
    The Shoals
    The Glanes
    The Gremlin Forest
    The River of Sighs
    The Crab Coast
    The East Channel
    Ning's Channel
    Crofter's Fen
    Bramford Abbey [a discussion thread on this forum mentions that the abbey may be in ruins, but I cannot find any canon information on this place]
Most of these are described in DA1, but can be sort of hard to find. I can take a look later if noone beats me to it Smile

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Havard Wrote:Most of these are described in DA1, but can be sort of hard to find.

I found many details about various map locations on pp. 42-45 of DA1. But the locations I listed above were not included in those pages. I have not read the entire adventure sections of the module, though. Are there references to these locations in other parts of DA1, or were you thinking of the pages I mentioned?