Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Thread:
PC Home Town?
Do all Blackmoor campaigns have to be centered around Blackmoor Town?

Sure there are extremes like my Vales campaign which takes place outside of the Arneson map, but in this thread I am looking at options for places on the map that would be good starting points for a Blackmoor campaign.

Where would you start a campaign and why there?

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Somehow, Maus always attracted me... it's the oldest place in the area and long histories usually bring more surprises.
Sometimes you find surprises and adventures away from home and then you come back, just to find more surprises and adventures that have been waiting for you from the very beginning...
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land,
making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
Our orignial adventures were centered around Loch Gloomin for a while after we were exiled from Blackmoor for not effectively protecting the city of Blackmoor. Other adventures were based in other towns. Blackmoor just had the famous dungeon, even then...
[Image: Sven.png]
Baetho an Elf
The Vales campaign
The Throne of Stars was originally slated to open above Blackmoor. Several hundred miles above. The heroes probably would not have come near Blackmoor Town/City until the third act.

The Beastman Crusades would have (will, when I finally get to run it?) begun in the Far Frozen Wastes (what would later become the Borean Valley of Brun). Blackmoor, indeed all of Skothar, is a notion to be fondly remembered as "back home."
Rob
[Image: Trista-Thronesig-zps94e26f1f.png]
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | twitter | The Blog
gsvenson Wrote:Our orignial adventures were centered around Loch Gloomin for a while after we were exiled from Blackmoor for not effectively protecting the city of Blackmoor. Other adventures were based in other towns. Blackmoor just had the famous dungeon, even then...

Lake Gloomey would be a classic location for a campaign indeed. Also probably an ideal starting point for a campaign revolving around the Temple of the Frog. Smile

Yaztromo Wrote:Somehow, Maus always attracted me... it's the oldest place in the area and long histories usually bring more surprises.
Sometimes you find surprises and adventures away from home and then you come back, just to find more surprises and adventures that have been waiting for you from the very beginning...

Maus would be interesting. It is the only place in the north that can be called a true metropolis. Also, you have more than normal access to clockwork tech and there is a Dragon God living nearby...

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign