Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
The Sar Aigu Scion
Picked up an idea by Freedom92 in this thread:

Freedom92 Wrote:Interesting, IMC The Temple of the Frog held the remains of a Sar Aigu at its deepest levels plus other creatures from that era. St.Stephen felt compelled to resurrect this ancient being or attempt to recreate it like he did the froglins. I put this as the Frog Gods influence on ST.Stephen though my players never found this vat holding the growing Sar Aigu.

I love the idea of one of the original Sar Aigu surviving and being kept in stasis by St Stephen. He could be in the Temple of the Frog, or perhaps even in a separate hidden lab (giving us the excuse of a separate dungeon)?

Maybe this is one of the original Sar Aigu, extremely powerful and in possession of ancient lore of ages past?

What adventures could come out of this? Smile

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
I was hoping to make reference to this in my Labyrinth Lord game once I got a hold of the Realm of Crawling Chaos supplement, its their lovecraftian supplement with rules and stats for deep ones and other mythos critter as well as artifacts. I was going to use deep one stats for cloned Sar Aigu and possibly give the resurrected Scion godlike abilities. Though I'm thinking of stating them up on my own, they'll mostly be Impure deformed clones following the Pure Scion.

I was going to play with the Age of Wolf concept of Blackmoor going through a minor cataclysm resulting in some destruction and the few cults and religions beginning to rebuild their strongholds and cities but since The Temple of the Frog has gone through worse it begins to send out 'missionaries' to bring more into the faith with the vessel of their Frog God having a new form, the froglins will still be around loyal to the cult as well as the monks of the order. Many flock to this Scion as the other gods of Blackmoor have grown silent or as many high priest know trying to find out what caused the cataclysm.

Though on the matters of the Scion I'm thinking to give it a extra 'boost' St.Stephen included the genetic code of himself thinking the resulting progeny would be elite but in truth the Scion rejected the 'boost' and the clones became Impure but worthy of being fodder for the war ahead of them. Maybe the Scion used its untapped powers to probe the minds of St.Stephen and his fellow travelers and copied the knowledge of technology and their origins and believes maybe if it extended it reach beyond the stars it would ascend to true god hood as more followers must mean more divinity. St.Stephen in this version of the cult would be deemed a Martyr as he is killed in front of all followers to show he is no longer needed in the 'Divine Plan' but still the Scion keeps the travelers brain preserved in a jar reanimated to act as a resource when needed.
Freedom92 Wrote:I was hoping to make reference to this in my Labyrinth Lord game once I got a hold of the Realm of Crawling Chaos supplement, its their lovecraftian supplement with rules and stats for deep ones and other mythos critter as well as artifacts. I was going to use deep one stats for cloned Sar Aigu and possibly give the resurrected Scion godlike abilities. Though I'm thinking of stating them up on my own, they'll mostly be Impure deformed clones following the Pure Scion.

Interesting! Love the idea of Impure clones of the scion hanging out there as well.

Quote:I was going to play with the Age of Wolf concept of Blackmoor going through a minor cataclysm resulting in some destruction and the few cults and religions beginning to rebuild their strongholds and cities but since The Temple of the Frog has gone through worse it begins to send out 'missionaries' to bring more into the faith with the vessel of their Frog God having a new form, the froglins will still be around loyal to the cult as well as the monks of the order. Many flock to this Scion as the other gods of Blackmoor have grown silent or as many high priest know trying to find out what caused the cataclysm.

Cool,
the Cult of the Frog may be defeated over and over again, but the faith seems surprisingly enduring. 8)

Did you consider combining this scenario with the Return to the Temple of the Frog adventure put out by WotC where St Stephen returns as a Vampire?

Quote:Though on the matters of the Scion I'm thinking to give it a extra 'boost' St.Stephen included the genetic code of himself thinking the resulting progeny would be elite but in truth the Scion rejected the 'boost' and the clones became Impure but worthy of being fodder for the war ahead of them. Maybe the Scion used its untapped powers to probe the minds of St.Stephen and his fellow travelers and copied the knowledge of technology and their origins and believes maybe if it extended it reach beyond the stars it would ascend to true god hood as more followers must mean more divinity. St.Stephen in this version of the cult would be deemed a Martyr as he is killed in front of all followers to show he is no longer needed in the 'Divine Plan' but still the Scion keeps the travelers brain preserved in a jar reanimated to act as a resource when needed.

Aha. My first idea was that the extraordinary powers of the Scion came from the fact that he was the first Sar Aigu created by the Frog God, but having him be boosted by St Stephen works too. Smile

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Freedom92 Wrote:I was hoping to make reference to this in my Labyrinth Lord game once I got a hold of the Realm of Crawling Chaos supplement, its their lovecraftian supplement with rules and stats for deep ones and other mythos critter as well as artifacts. I was going to use deep one stats for cloned Sar Aigu and possibly give the resurrected Scion godlike abilities.

That is a super cool idea. Why would Stephen bother to clone Sar Aigu though? I think it would make sense if Stephen struck a deal with the tortured ghosts Sar Aigu in the bottom levels of Blackmoor dungeon. Give me your knowledge in exchange for a new body......