Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
The concluding volume of "Northlanders" is out!
Hi all,

When asked for inspiration on the look and feel of Blackmoor, I always recommend the comic book series "Northlanders".

[Image: Northlanders_20.jpg]

[Image: NorthPreview-4.jpg]

Well, that series has just concluded with paperback #7.

I highly recommend you go and get it while it is still available.

A few years ago, I even wrote a guest entry about the series on Havard's blog: http://blackmoormystara.blogspot.de/201 ... nders.html

Smile

Rafe
Yeah,
I really enjoyed some of the Northlander books, especially the first one. Does the last book hold up to the quality of the first book?

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
I am sort of conflicted on that, actually. After the initial stories, the series sure drags along, and sure some motifs and tropes are overused.

But really - a better independent fantasy comic book, I know not. Perhaps when Tim Sale did Thieves World. But that was in the 80s. Smile
Le Noir Faineant Wrote:I am sort of conflicted on that, actually. After the initial stories, the series sure drags along, and sure some motifs and tropes are overused.

But really - a better independent fantasy comic book, I know not. Perhaps when Tim Sale did Thieves World. But that was in the 80s. Smile

What I would have liked to see is something connecting the different stories. I don't mind switching main characters and even time frame, but the same locations, or same bloodlines (clans) showing up would have helped bring some continuity between the books.

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign