Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Thread:
Ogdoban Treel's treasure?
Blackmoor canon says that Ogdoban Treel traded plenty of pieces of technology from the City of the Gods out of greed, in exchange for gold.
He must have amassed a huge fortune, probably many million gold coins, as Mordenkainen and Robilar managed to plunder just one (cross-shaped) piece from the City of the Stars and managed to sell it for 100,000 gold coins without too much hassle.

Do we have any news about where this massive tresure was hidden? Idea
If it was in the City of the Gods, it was probably involved in the subsequent implosion, but if it wasn't kept there, it must be a tresure large enough to raise mighty armies, buy kingdoms and, possibly, even immortality :?: ... I can't believe nobody ever thought about retrieving that humongous wealth...
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land,
making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
That is a cool point of interest. I didnt know what Ogdoban would be interested in for himself.

The way I have tried to recocile the Ogdoban/Benekander story with the DA-modules/ZGG material is that Ogdoban woke from his stasis a few centuries after Uther's Reign. That would explain why Captain Riesling, Stephen Rocklin and the others didnt get in the way of Ogdoban's schemes.

Also, I like the idea of Ogdoban basically being the trigger for the Age of the Wolf Setting.

This doesn't work too well if you want to use Ogdoban in the classic era though. David Ross did suggest that even Captain Riesling was selling off tech to the Iron Duke however...

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
So the questions becomes double: where (in space) and when (in time) was Ogdoban Treel's treasure hidden?
It would be too bad if it imploded with the City of the Gods... such a waste! :roll:
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land,
making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
Yaztromo Wrote:So the questions becomes double: where (in space) and when (in time) was Ogdoban Treel's treasure hidden?
It would be too bad if it imploded with the City of the Gods... such a waste! :roll:

Agreed. There could be plenty of reasons why he would choose to stowe away much of his treasure elsewhere... Smile

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign