Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Prof. Barker's collections - Announcement
I didn't know quite where to post this, but the first PR has come out over on The Hill Cantons and Grognardia re Prof. Barker's Tekumel and other gaming collections. I'll keep an eye out for anything of interest, of course; the personal message on the autographed d20 Blackmoor from Dave to Phil was very touching...

yours, Chirine
Sounds interesting! Please keep us updated on this Chirine! Smile

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
I didnt realize this earlier, but I think this is what Chirine was referring to:
http://hillcantons.blogspot.com/2011_07_01_archive.html

This part caught my attention:

Quote:Hill Cantons: What's the backstory here? How did this massive private collection end up in the hands of the Foundation?

Jeff Berry: I think this story actually starts some years ago, at Dave Arneson's funeral. A lot of us “old hands” were there, and we had the chance to talk to Dave's family about his career and influence in the game industry and the way he himself played.

What struck me was that his daughter, Malia, didn't have much information on any of this; one of the things that she'd done was put all of Dave's photos up on poster boards for people to see and be able to tell the family what they were. I was able to tell the about the ones that Dave had taken at game conventions, as I was in a few of them, and Bob Alberti was able to tell her all about the ones Dave had taken with Prof. Barker.

One thing led to another, and we got to talking about what the Aethervox Gamers were doing to catalog and index our collection of Tékumel materials, and that we were probably going to have to incorporate as some sort of non-profit in order to be able to do mundane things like get insurance for the collection.

I'd still like to know more about Arneson's personalized message to Prof' Barker. in his D20 Blackmoor book... Smile

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign