Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Dustin Clingman's Dragonfoot Q&A
Dustin never had a Q&A thread at DF of course, but I decided to collect the various statements he made on those boards, to be preserved for historical interest. DF'ers can sometimes be a tough crowd, but looking back at the comments in those threads, many also expressed appreciation for Blackmoor being brought back.

From: http://www.dragonsfoot.org/forums/viewt ... =11&t=6224
Hi everyone,

I heard about this post and decided to come over and let you guys know that Blackmoor will indeed be available at GenCon. I am the President of Zeitgeist Games and was also heavily involved in the production of the core sourcebook. It is a great privledge to work with Dave Arneson and he can't wait for everyone to get a look at Blackmoor.

As for the TOC that was mentioned, it lists alot of monster entries, etc. We have added 3 base classes, some new PrCs and some new spells. I will say that I don't feel any of it was wasted on uneeded crunch. The chapter regarding prestige classes is 23 pages out of the total 240 for the book. We put alot of time and effort into the feel and explanation of the world as well as how it related to existing games. Remember, you guys might know Blackmoor, but there are alot of other people who only know it as a word. We want to make everyone happy, but that is a herculean task for RPG fans.

There is quite an active discussion relating to JG and Blackmoor going on in our forums, but I won't drag you over there unless you wish to go.

Dustin

Dustin Clingman
www.zeitgeistgames.com

Greetings all!

Good to see some of the discussion here. I can answer any questions you guys have about Blackmoor. While I will certainly let the book stand on it's own, you guys can ping me with anything you have in mind regarding the content or the future of the campaign.

A couple of quick points I wanted to make about Dave Arneson's Blackmoor:

First, it is 3e. (Yes you knew that...) I know that a majority of this forum loves the older versions. I have no beef with that. I still play Basic D&D from time to time myself. That being said, we had no choice but to write the book for 3rd Edition. You can disagree with that, but you have to take it to a higher power than me. If you have the rights to AD&D and want to work on Blackmoor, let me know.

Second, the campaign is restarting. Many of you will have the background of the older setting and know all about the "ray guns and frogmen". You will be suprised with how the whole thing turns out. The truth of the matter is that much of the latter modules in the DA series were not approved by Dave and are not considered to be completely legit. More on that at a later time. I can say however that Dave was particularly profilic in the design of this book and it has his personal blessing.

This book needs to establish the basic lay of the land. We have gazetteer and expansion that will literally be "at or near zero crunch".

Third, If I had a penny for every time I had been called Klingon, I wouldn't need to be working for a living. Thanks for not posting your last name up Alex. I wonder if it's anywhere near as funny as mine. Tongue

Dustin

northrundicandus Wrote:And join the piles of other d20 crap accumulating dust in the gaming shops? I think even the d20 players are wising up to the immense amounts of dung being shoveled at them with that blasted logo. All the garbarge makes it hard to find the gems. I wish you guys the best - but catering to that market typically makes the book useless to me.
As I mentioned in my earlier post, we had no choice but to make the book for the current edition of D&D. Would we have wanted to try to cater to a larger market? Yes. Are we able to write Blackmoor supplements for ODD or AD&D? No.

I think any system will benefit from the book, but you may/do disagree. The part that should not be "useless" to you will be the flavor text and descriptions comprising the majority of Chapter 3,4,5,6 and 8.

My research shows that many players are eager to dump Greyhawk and get into another campaign. Will all of them? Of course not. Our goal with this book was to let Dave ressurrect his campaign in a way that he wasn't able to before. Blackmoor has been active for well over 30 years. I have played there for the last 4 years in Dave's game. It's alot of fun and really different than most of the worlds out there.

Just to set the record clear and straight, I didn't come here to pimp the book or anything. I am here to answer those questions if needed, but not to try to sell anyone on the book or change anyone's mind about how they are going to spend money. I am joining this community and plan to contribute as I am able to do so. The main reason I say that is cause I don't want to get the wrong rep with the regulars. That probably doesn't mean much right now, but hopefully it will someday.

Back to reading the archives!

Dustin

JF Wrote:
DClingman Wrote:My research shows that many players are eager to dump Greyhawk and get into another campaign. Will all of them? Of course not. Dustin

I'd be careful some people here are eager to dump any other setting.

That's one thing I just never have understood about gamers. Why can't more than one thing be good? I have been gaming since 83 and my personal goals/opinions/styles of play have evolved with my age (I think). Why is there even such a thing as the "best" campaign setting anymore?

Dustin

JF Wrote:Fanatic and fan share the common word origins.
No setting is best or better, just the one I enjoy and the ones I don't.

Well said. Now if you just enjoyed the settings I like, your life would be better...

Dustin

JF Wrote:You mean the settings that turn you a profit so you can keep your car and house? :lol:

Hahah! Trust me, my car and house are not being bet on the outcome of RPG sales. WoTC and WW and even SJ Games make good money in this biz, most others fight for scraps. Most people who produce this stuff do it for the love of the game. That's the way we see it in our efforts. Sure, it takes time and money to make the books and art, but getting rich from RPG sales is definitely not on my agenda.. Smile

Should it turn out to be a side-effect, I won't complain. Wink

Dustin

Solomoriah Wrote:Regarding the new version, my jury is out until I read it. I know it's heresy to say this, but if you write a OD&D, BED&D, 1E or 2E module or supplement and then "port" it to 3E, changing only the stats, you should still have the old-school "flavor" (perhaps somewhat diluted).

The question is, did they do that, or did they do something else?

We did a combination of both. A great deal of Dave's contributions had to be updated to 3e. While Dave does run 3e, he also still hangs on to the Rules Cyclopedia. I think I heard him say they will rip it from his cold dead hands (or something like that... Tongue).

One of the authors was a known d20 contributor, the others were long time Blackmoor players and researchers. Add a Dave Arneson on top and you have pretty solid foundation in the world. The largest component of the writing team had the vision of the world in mind above the crunch. I will be honest, we changed some things, added others and mitigated/removed a few. Bottom line though, it's the best Blackmoor book ever (Per Dave himself). How that holds up to old school scrutiny remains to be seen, but the Blackmoor hardcores seem to love it.

You guys can check out the previews we have on the website if you like. Some of it is crunch, some is not, but its mostly to give new players an idea of what Blackmoor is like. Reviews are also on the way, so don't listen to anything I say about the book. Smile

Dustin

Thoth Amon Wrote:
Quote:The truth of the matter is that much of the latter modules in the DA series were not approved by Dave and are not considered to be completely legit

There were four. Which ones "of the latter modules" does this include?

Specifically, City of the Gods and The Duchy of Ten were included. Adventures in Blackmoor wasn't altered much, nor was Temple of the Frog. This is, of course, according to Dave himself.

Dustin

rogueattorney Wrote:I'm sure you've probably agonized over the desire to appeal to old-school fans of BM balancing with the need to sell to d20-ers more than I'll ever know.

Oh yeah. Compound that with the desire to not be painted into a corner from a perspective of where the world could go and you have my life for the last couple of years. We did work hard, but since I always find fault even in the RPGs I like, I am expecting others to find such with our effort.

rogueattorney Wrote:I'm personally quite curious about this, myself. The "ray guns and frogmen" aspect of the campaign, along with the (let's be honest) goofy sense of humor, to me, have always been the most appealing aspects of the campaign, and are what set BM apart from other campaign worlds. I'm curious to see how you prevent Blackmoor from being "just another" fantasy world.

Those things aren't totally gone by any means. Sorry if I got confusing there. What I mean is that those elements have more detailed backgrounds and appropriate placement. Dave's sense of humor still comes through in aces. I will add some more images to our site gallery. At this point though, no rayguns are in the campaign. Smile

rogueattorney Wrote:Any more info. on the gazetter? Contents? Tenative release date? Etc.

Our release schedule is going to be posted this week, but it includes:

The Redwood Scar (module) November
The Wizards' Cabal (sourcebook 128pgs) February.
Right now we want to continue work on the "finished" but unpublished DA5 known then as "The City of Blackmoor". It's done, but needs some loving. Look for that at GenCon Indy 05.
Tentative schedule for a Gazeteer would be May/June of next year.

I hope you guys can hold out till then.

As a quick side note....It sure would be nice to find people who would handle ODD conversions of the Blackmoor stuff. Anyone around here feel qualified to tackle such a task?

Dustin

Melan Wrote:Too bad, because I always liked that element in the setting - or that really insane explanation about BM's climate - that the heat and humidity can be attributed to the submerged atomic reactor of a huge starship... :lol:

How much of the book is edition neutral material? Truth be told, I am not that keen on new prestige classes, feats and whatnot.

Well note that I said "at this point". I am not saying those things won't appear, but it won't be in the core book.

As for "edition neutral", the campaign pretty much starts right about the time of DA1. Places like the dreaded Temple of the Frog are not detailed (but the froglin are), cause we have big plans for that one.

Any of you folks who are going to GenCon can hook up with us and play in an impromptu demo of Blackmoor with PreGen characters if you like. All the slots we had for the "Escape from the Temple of the Frog" module are full, but we are letting people play at other times.

Should anyone be interested who is going to GenCon, email me at dustin at zeitgeistgames dot com.

One quick note about the prestige classes. All of them are very relevant to the Blackmoor world. While you might not play 3e, you could revamp them for other systems as you like.

Dustin

Geoffrey Wrote:Dustin, thanks for taking the time to answer our questions. Smile

The old First Fantasy Campaign setting was situated at the top of the old Judges' Guild's Wilderlands setting (directly north of the Valley of the Ancients). As you know, the Wilderlands is being republished by Necromancer Games. Are there any plans to keep this old "Blackmoor-Wilderlands" relationship intact? Any thoughts about working with the guys at Necromancer in any way in regards to the old Blackmoor-Wilderlands connection?

That's a really interesting idea that I hadn't considered. I like the guys over there and Bob Bledsaw is a really nice guy that I would enjoy working with. I will try to chat with them about it at GenCon next week!

Dustin

Geoffrey Wrote:In September I plan on buying:

1. the Castles & Crusades game
2. the World's Largest Dungeon
3. Blackmoor

Then I'll run a C&C campaign in the World's Largest Dungeon and set it in Blackmoor.

I must be thinking along the right lines. Dave Arneson bought a copy of the World's Largest Dungeon at Gen Con.

don't think Dave bought that copy of Largest Dungeon. He was talking about it for a while though. I think he is enjoying reading through it.

Dustin

Finarvyn Wrote:
Cthulhu Wrote:Ok...what in the blazes is Blackmoor? I've heard it mentioned numerous times but it never seems to match up with what I know to be Blackmoor!
1) Is it a Greyhawk reference? I know GH has a Blackmoor and a Duchy of Tenh...but somehow it doesn't feel right.
2) Is it a Mystara reference? Mystara has a lost civilization called Blackmoor with funky tech like reactors.
Or...
3) Is it something else entirely?
Thanks for anybody who can clear this up!
Stupid answer time: it's all of them!

Blackmoor does appear on the Greyhawk map, can be found in Mystera, was located atop the Wilderlands map by Judges' Guild, is the name of a supplement for brown book OD&D, and was a campaign by Dave Arneson (listed as a co-creator of D&D). Blackmoor is or can be some or all of these things.

d20 Blackmoor is a new hardback game book released at GenCon Indy. It is a revision of the original campaign setting by Dave Arneson. Back in the early days of D&D (late 1960's early 1070's) there were a couple of "original" settings that existed -- Gygax's Greyhawk, Arneson's Blackmoor, and Kuntz's campaign of a name I can't recall.

Greyhawk was published first in the 1970's in a form not quite the same as Gary's actual campaign so that his players couldn't buy it and read it. Some of the "original Greyhawk" apparently came out in the Gord the Rogue books.

Dave's Blackmoor was published first in the 1970's as "First Fantasy Campaign" by Judges' Guild; it was more like a set of typed notes on the game than a campaign book as we know them today. Parts of Dave's Blackmoor emerged in the Blackmoor supplement to OD&D (Temple of the Frog, for example) and other parts of Dave's Blackmoor came out as the DA series of D&D modules. I understand that the first couple DA modules were more authentic Blackmoor and the later ones less so.

Now, Dave's Blackmoor has been revised and updated into the d20 game system. That's exciting to me, but even more exciting is Dustin's talk of taking that game book and converting things into OD&D or AD&D.

Anyway, that's my version of the story.

From: http://www.dragonsfoot.org/forums/viewt ... =38&t=8260

Geoffrey Wrote:This 240-page hardback is a d20 campaign world published by Goodman Games. This is the real thing. It is Dave Arneson's Blackmoor in its own context (not merely a watered-down Blackmoor artificially stuck on to Greyhawk or the Wilderlands or Mystara). A chapter-by-chapter review follows.

Chapter 1: Characters (pp. 10-44)
Probably about half of these pages are wasted space. There is good information on the particulars of Blackmoor's races (pretty much the D&D standard, with tweaks). Information is given on the races' personality, physical description, alignment, relations with others, religion, languages, and typical names. Space is wasted on three 3.5 edition-style new characters classes, and new skills and feats.

Chapter 2: Prestige Classes (pp. 45-68 )
A complete loss. After all, it's prestige classes.

Chapter 3: Magic (pp. 69-95)
The first six-pages of this chapter give indispensible information on the background, history, and nature of magic in Blackmoor. The rest, unfortunately, is a bunch of 3.5 edition-style spells.

Chapter 4: The Kingdom of Blackmoor (pp. 96-130)
Here is where the book really shines. A 1030-year timeline is given, plus the Blackmoorian calendar, holidays, and the like. The lands of Blackmoor plus all its villages and towns are described. The world of Blackmoor is sparsely-populated, even less so than the Wilderlands. The largest city is Maus, with a population of a mere 18,800! The "city" of Blackmoor itself has a mere 5,400 inhabitants. Existence is precarious in this frontier land, with rumors of invasion and realities of magic and monsters threatening to overwhelm human civilization. A glance at the map (printed twice inside both the front and back covers) will reveal that Blackmoor is a very wet, marshy land crisscrossed by many rivers and channels. D&D doesn't get any better than this. The descriptions of the geography and villages positively ooze with old-school feel and mood. This is pure Arneson. Plus, as in Gary's old Greyhawk folios, every paragraph has a number of adventure hooks. One can tell that Blackmoor is a real, living campaign. It wasn't designed and slapped together in a few months. This world has been chugging along for over 30 years.

Chapter 5: The Lands Beyond (pp. 131-153)
This chapter is also pure gold. It gives the same sort of treatment to the Duchy of Ten, the Elven lands, the Hak (horsemen), the Lands of the Regent of the Mines (dwarves), the weird realm of the Egg of Coot, and the enigmatic Valley of the Ancients. Of note is that the Duchy of Ten has been recently invaded and conquered by bands of cruel humans known as the Afridhi. They believe that their high priestess, Toska Rusa, is wed to their vile god, Zugzul. They intend to conquer all the lands of Ten and of Blackmoor as a wedding gift to Toska Rusa.

Chapter 6: Religions of the North (pp. 154-170)
Virtually no 3.5 edition stuff is in this chapter. Instead, we are given short descriptions of the deities of the humans, dwarves, gnomes, and elves in "the North" (i. e., Blackmoor, the Duchy of Ten, and the surrounding wilderness).

Chapter 7: Regents and Rascals (pp. 171-186)
These pages give descriptions and 3.5 edition statistics for several major figures in Blackmoor. Included are Brother Richard (the Flying Monk), the Egg of Coot (no statistics), the Great Svenny, and many others. It's of course too bad that the statistics are for 3.5 edition, but they can be easily ignored.

Chapter 8: Monsters of Blackmoor (pp. 187-209)
In this chapter are 18 monsters, including froglins and thralls of Coot. Of course, the statistics are all 3.5 edition.

Chapter 9: Ties that Bind (pp. 210-227)
This is a beginning adventure for 1st or 2nd-level characters, set of course in Blackmoor. I have only skimmed this adventure, so I can't say much about it.

Appendix, Index, and Character Records (pp. 228-237)
Here we have encounter tables in addition to the index and character record sheet.

The art in the book is a mixed bag. I really like the art by Allan Alegado, as it best captures the unique mood of Blackmoor (particularly his drawing of the dwarf on p. 129 and the froglins with their damsel captive on p. 133). Some of the art is rather cartoonish, and all of it is black-and-white. (The cover has a color painting by Elmore, which I feel is out of place).

So what about crashed starships, and laser rifles, and armies of mutant frogs? Absent, for the most part. Such Blackmoorian themes will be covered in future products. They are not covered in this book because they do not play a large part in the day-to-day existence of Blackmoor. Because Dave's published adventures emphasized these themes, many people got the mistaken impression that every third person in Blackmoor has a laser rifle (found in the crashed spaceship in his backyard) that he uses to shoot mutant frogs. This book is the foundational product in putting Blackmoor in the proper--Arnesonian--context. Note that there are a few pages describing Dwarven steam technology and Gnomish clockwork.

My verdict? For me, it is a must-buy. After reading about the lands of Blackmoor, I've come to the opinion that this is the best D&D world that's ever been published. I love the fact that mankind is huddled in scattered villages, on the brink of disaster. The very land is dark and eerie. There are no mighty kingdoms or vast city-states. Its small habitations are hewn out of the ever-encroaching wilderness. It is a wonderful setting for OD&D or AD&D games.

That said, there is a lot of space wasted on 3.5 edition stuff, plus the rather hefty price-tag of $34.99. If someone doesn't love Blackmoor as I do, the book isn't worth the cost. But if you want something that has an old-school feel (as do the Wilderlands, Gygaxian Greyhawk, and Arduin), then this book is for you.

Hey guys,

A big thank you for the compliments on behlaf of Dave Arneson and myself. We and a number of other talented folks worked hard on the book. It took alot longer than we thought for some good reasons (and some not so good). I know how many of the folks on these boards feel about 3.5 and d20..so I won't say much about the concept of wasted space..

I do know that a couple of folks on the Zeitgeist Games forums (and I believe they reside here too) have begun conversions for the races and classes. If you need to play the old edition, these might be useful for you.

Again, we are very proud of our efforts and are always glad to see an honest review, especially a good one. Smile

Take care,

Dustin
--
Dustin Clingman
Zeitgeist Games, Inc.

Blucher Wrote:Thanks a bunch Geoffrey! I've been eyeballing that book forever at the stores, but it's always in shrink-wrap. I have a few questions for you or anyone else who has the book.

1. What's the map like?

2. I get the sense that this campaign setting is a frontier region with more populated areas beyond Blackmoor. Is this true?

3. How difficult would it be to use in the World of Greyhawk?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Hey Blucher,

You can see the map at our website in the gallery section.
http://www.zeitgeistgames.com

The map in the book is B&W, but a color version will be available in the near future.

To answer your question about the lands beyond Blackmoor, a resounding YES!

Regarding Greyhawk, this would almost be a drag and drop. There are a number of references to Greyhawk material in DAB. This would be an easy thing to do.

Dustin

There is discussion of Castle Blackmoor, but it is an overview. Remembering that this is a 240 page book, we decided that we couldn't do justice to Castle Blackmoor even in 15-20 pages.

Dave is currently working on the complete and definitive Castle Blackmoor compendium. It will detail every single little detail of every single level. It's shaping up to be very cool. Its wieghing in at 128 pages as well!!! With that amount of information to onvey, should we have crammed it into the core book and ignored ever other area of the North? Neither Dave nor myself thought that was a good idea.

Expect to see that released at GenCon 2005.

Sieg Wrote:Geoffrey,

Good review, and agreed on the waste of material (these are reviews from an OOP gamer's PoV after all!).

I wouldn't call those pages wasted. While there are some rules, we did make effort to give each one of those sections a decent amount of prose. Are there tables that show level progression? Sure, but there is history and story in those as well. This is the only disagreement I have with the review, otherwise, it's smashing! In fact, every review we have recieved has been extremely positive and high rating. (Note: That's not a challenge for anyone to create a review to the opposite. Tongue)

Dustin

Plunderer of the Planes Wrote:Nice reviews everyone. I'm divided on Blackmoor, on one hand I would like to have it for the old school factor, on the other I have all but swore off D20 stuff.

Yeah I could convert it to C&C but I would rather not have to do that. Is there any chance that if C&C gians the popularity we think it will that A version of Blackmoor will come to that system?

If there is enough interest to warrant it, we could discuss the possibilities. I am not sure how the Troll Lords guys are planning to handle letting people wander in their sandbox. Smile. I do know that we continue to see strong support, especially from those who began playing in Blackmoor.

Perhaps that would be best contemplated as a fan driven conversion effort. This way, the best can stay and then you don't have to worry about things going awry.

Dustin

Omote Wrote:Is there a large poster-sized (color) map available... anywhere?

Is there a reprint of this book planned (other then via .pdf)?

The Softcover printing of this book will have a full color pullout map. It will be available in stores very soon. Smile

Dustin

http://www.dragonsfoot.org/forums/viewt ... 11&t=10718

Steve Marsh Wrote:If you've seen Dave Arneson's rules that he published as what he really intended, you can easily see that "massively different" from D&D isn't extreme enough to describe how different they were from what Gary did.

That's odd. As I heard it, the rules in The First Fantasy Campaign were actually blocked from being an expansion for D&D as Arneson was continually prevented from contributing to D&D for many years. It wasn't until Gary came back to him for the DA series of modules that he was really able to work with D&D again.

Furthermore, the cover of The First Fantasy Campaign clearly denotes "Fantasy game system not included". It's a supplement. A poorly edited supplement, but in no way should it be construed as a game system or an attempt to copy D&D.

Steve Marsh Wrote:Gygax carried the load time and time again, and in Blackmoor, you need to assume that anything that isn't in terms of the Arneson rules was probably typed by Gary, and with the gaps filled in by Gary, etc.

When you say "carried the load" do you mean he was the editor and developer for the product? Isn't this part of the process that all good products go through regardless of who writes them? Have you ever had work edited or expanded by anyone else?

It's very clear that you don't carry much respect for Mr. Arneson. Being as respectful to you and these forums as I can, I challenge every assertion you have made here.

I have tried to ignore your insulting comments on these forums and in multiple threads time and time again. I have ALWAYS tried to be a respectful member of this community. But I won't listen to any more. Personally, I would hope for better from anyone who posts here, let alone someone who helped to form D&D in the early days.

When you put it all into perspective, what we are left with 30 years later is two old men, both of whom have nearly died at least once. They created something very special, but the game will survive long after Arneson & Gygax, because of one group of people who are far more important: The Players. These boards are full of friendly Players who continue to celebrate a great game all the way back to its roots. Lets put our focus back on the game and drop the 30+ year old accusations and debates.

Dustin

From: http://www.dragonsfoot.org/forums/viewt ... f=1&t=9540

Post subject: Dave Arneson's Blackmoor Serial continues...

Part One of "A Night in Maus" was a big success! Now it's time for the
story to continue. I am pleased to announce that Part Two of "A Night
in Maus" has been posted in the download section. Follow the
continuing adventure of Col the Clockwork Inquisitor.

A Night in Maus by Harley Stroh is a three part experiment that
combines excellent serial styled fiction with game expanding rules and
game content for Dave Arneson's Blackmoor. This is a free download!
How can you pass it up?

The conclusion of "A Night in Maus" will be posted in approximately
two weeks. In the meantime, please join our forums to discuss the
story.

Dustin

From: http://www.dragonsfoot.org/forums/viewt ... f=1&t=9555

Sorry to hit you guys with two in one day, but there isn't a forum that this is listed as fitting in. Let me know if there is a preference for these kinds of posts - Dustin

For Immediate Release

Zeitgeist Games, Inc. Announces the Launch of Dave Arneson’s Blackmoor: The MMRPG

Oviedo, Florida – February 1, 2005 – Zeitgeist Games, Inc. announced today that the launch of the brand new Dave Arneson’s Blackmoor: The MMRPG campaign will take place at MEGACON (www.megaconvention.com) in Orlando, Florida on February 25th -27th.

Dave Arneson’s Blackmoor: The MMRPG is designed to allow players to participate alongside each other in the rich fantasy world of Blackmoor that Dave Arneson created over 30 years ago. The campaign allows players to travel all over the world attending conventions and gamedays that are running Dave Arneson’s Blackmoor events. Since the rules for the campaign are the same everywhere in the world, players can quickly jump right into the action just about anywhere people are playing without having to worry about house rules.

MMRPG stands for Massively Multiplayer Role Playing Game and was created to elicit connections to some shared design and play styles inspired by online computer games as well as distinguish Dave Arneson’s Blackmoor: The MMRPG from other campaigns with similar structures. Dave Arneson’s Blackmoor: The MMRPG holds player input and enjoyment as the critical components of a successful campaign. “Since the beginning of fantasy role playing games, it was the players who fleshed out characters, bringing them to life.” said Dungeons & Dragon co-creator Dave Arneson. “Even to this day, my original players are still adding and contributing to the world of Blackmoor. The MMRPG campaign will continue that tradition. Blackmoor is and always has been for the players.”

Players who begin play at MEGACON will be able to participate in the premier of the first four events created for the MMRPG campaign as well as attend a meet and greet session with the Zeitgeist Games Crew including the venerable Dave Arneson himself. Additional events will be premiered at a wide range of conventions and gamedays including Origins, GenCon: Indy, DragonCon and many more!

The MMRPG will be organized and administered by an experienced group of coordinators and advisors that draw from a wide range of backgrounds. The campaign is currently organized and produced by the following individuals:

Dave Arneson and Dustin Clingman, Executive Producers
Daniel S. Donnelly, Campaign Ambassador
Brad Ruby, Campaign Coordinator
Dawn Coakley, Plotline Coordinator
Stewart Larsen, Convention Coordinator
Joe Cirillo, Metagaming Organization Coordinator
Richard Iorio, Background Coordinator

For more information: visit www.dablackmoor.com or www.zeitgeistgames.com

Dave Arneson’s Blackmoor: The MMRPG is ©2005 Zeitgeist Games, Inc.
Based on the original Blackmoor setting, associated character and places owned by Wizards of the Coast, Inc. Used with permission, all rights reserved ©1975 Wizards.
Zeitgeist Games is a trademark of Zeitgeist Games, Inc.

3RD21ST Wrote:Ok, so this is a computer game, right? I am presuming that the character creation will be based upon OD&D? This project may make many people happy.

Actually, it's not a computer game. It's an MMRPG (Massively Multiplayer Role Playing Game). If you have ever played in the RPGA's "Living" styled games, you have a slight comparison.

That being said, you just gave me a great idea!!! More later...

Dustin

Well in a twist of fate, the great idea that I had was to form up conversion teams to allow people to play whatever version of the rules they want.

The current setup we are required to use is the current iteration of rules, but I have spoken to the campaign administration and they are generally for the idea of putting together a team of experts to help make the adventures available for everyone.

Does that sound like something any 1/2e players would like to see?

Dustin

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign