Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Metamorphosis Alpha returns!
Signal Fire Studios is working with James M. Ward to relaunch Metamorphosis Alpha with a new line of roleplaying game products:
Quote:Battle mutants and robots aboard the Starship Warden!

[Image: 5650125800_5b82a63f0f.jpg]
mercenary-web-186x300
Felinoid Mercenary

Felinoid Mercenary, illo by Lindsay Archer

“Metamorphosis Alpha—in any edition—stimulates
the imagination, encourages keen thinking, and
breaks the mold of typical fantasy and science
fiction roleplaying games. If that doesn’t make it
one of the best hobby games ever, I don’t know
what would.”

— E. Gary Gygax
Hobby Games: The 100 Best
published by Green Ronin Publishing

In 1976 James M. Ward brought science-fiction to roleplaying games when the original Metamorphosis Alpha was published. It combined a huge, sprawling starship environment with primitive mutants with a sense of mystery and the unknown. Exploration, action, and adventure ruled the day as players and their characters uncovered the secrets of the Starship Warden while battling robots and their fellow mutants.

Thirty-five years later, Signal Fire Studios is working with James M. Ward to relaunch Metamorphosis Alpha with a new line of roleplaying game products. Whether you’re an old player itching to take another crack at taking control of the Warden or a new player ready to battle a pack of Wolfoids for the first time, our products will give you everything you need to bring sci-fi action-adventure to your gaming table.

Check out our product page for more information, and watch for announcements regarding our release schedule, previews, and more. If we come to a convention near you, please stop by and perhaps you’ll be among the first to play in Jamie Chambers’ new adventure written exclusively for the new Metamorphosis Alpha—”The Petting Zoo of Death.”
Starship Warden Concept

[Image: 5650125894_b50b89c181.jpg]
carlisle_warden_web1

Starship Warden, Concept Image by Jeff Carlisle

METAMORPHOSIS ALPHA, its concepts, and its logo are ™ & © James M. Ward. Used with permission.

Source: http://www.signalfirestudios.com/?p=300
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Even though I'm not a huge D&D4E fan, I'm looking forward to this. I had playtested the MA4E version (the D&D4E game is actually MA5E; confusion reigns) and was supposed to playtest MA5E as well but they never got back to me.

MA is one of those classic games that I remember from my youth -- when my friend got OD&D I bought MA. Our thinking was that he would focus on Fantasy and I would focus on SciFi. This didn't last for long, of course, since I just had to have OD&D as well, but it was a good thought at the time.

Killing mutants since '76! :lol:
Marv / Finarvyn
Member of The Regency Council
Visit my Blackmoor OD&D board
OD&D since 1975

"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
- Dave Arneson

[Image: Giladan.png]