Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
possible film creation
Hi all,

im a producer (new to the business) and am looking to create a film based on an AD&D campaign, i wondered if anyone would be interested in possibly playing a campaign, for the film..

i would be looking for approximately five people plus one dm, to set up and play a dnd campaign, which would be transfered into script and made into a movie..

what do you think..

any ideas, or takers.
krappleby Wrote:Hi all,

im a producer (new to the business) and am looking to create a film based on an AD&D campaign, i wondered if anyone would be interested in possibly playing a campaign, for the film..

i would be looking for approximately five people plus one dm, to set up and play a dnd campaign, which would be transfered into script and made into a movie..

what do you think..

any ideas, or takers.

The person you'd mostly likely want to talk to about that is Bahumuth. You can contact him via PM on the board: http://heroesonly.com/forums/privmsg.php?mode=post&u=4
Gandalph | Wizard Extrodinaire
Available for adventures and kids parties
krappleby Wrote:Hi all,

what do you think..

any ideas, or takers.

I'm an Archaeologist these days but my undergraduate was in film and I worked for almost a decade in the corporate video business. Sooo. I'm not sure how well you've thought this through but it doesn't sound like you've gotten past the "gee wouldn't it be fun.." stage.

First, what exactly are you talking about in regards to the script? It seems as if you intend for a group of D&D players to write a collective script for you based on their games. That's a lot of effort for a group of gamers to go to. Are you going to show it as a game in progress or is it just another fantasy movie like the dozen or so RPG esque flops that show on the syfy channel already? A campaign might work for a series, but for a movie? You have to pick a story, with a single plot line and write it.

Second, who you going to pitch this to? Syfy? There's no sense getting some group of gamers all excited that there game might be a movie before you have a production company and funding and at least a plot outline.

With those caveats in mind, I wish you luck. I bet I'd want to see it if you are successful.
Didn't notice this before.

Since it's quite old, anything substantial that came of this?
I doubt very many D&D campaigns would make basis for good films, unless they are commentary type films, like Gamers. Dark Dungeons could probably be made into a pretty scary movie though...

Havard :lol:
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign