Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Thread:
How many wizards in the North?
Roughly, how many wizards and sorcerers (or Magic users) would you estimate there being in the lands of the Blackmoor map?

Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
1 every 20 miles in rural civilized lands, about a dozen in every city, 1 every 75 miles in wilderness. I would add that up but I don't have enough fingers even without shoes and pants. Wink
Aldarron Wrote:1 every 20 miles in rural civilized lands, about a dozen in every city, 1 every 75 miles in wilderness. I would add that up but I don't have enough fingers even without shoes and pants. Wink

Thanks. Based on this, a rough guesstimate of around 700?

Havard
Sounds reasonable to me. Prolly less than a thousand anyway. My guess is based on my sense of how common wizard towers are generally and about how many wizards will comfortably associate in cities, but I think you have to allow for a few more in special concentrations - academies and cabals and royal courts.
Aldarron Wrote:Sounds reasonable to me. Prolly less than a thousand anyway. My guess is based on my sense of how common wizard towers are generally and about how many wizards will comfortably associate in cities, but I think you have to allow for a few more in special concentrations - academies and cabals and royal courts.

Yeah. There is no need to be too specific as the number is likely to be changing constantly with people travelling back and forth from other regions and/or planes. IMC every nobleman has a court mage representing the Cabal.

Havard