Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Thread:
Next city maps?
Yaztromo Wrote:.....
What more would you like to see?

Erak

It is the home town of most of the PC's IMC. I imagine it to be somewhat like medieval Dublin or "Porttown" from Holmes D&D. It would be nice to have a custom map though.
Aldarron Wrote:
Yaztromo Wrote:.....
What more would you like to see?

Erac

It is the home town of most of the PC's IMC. I imagine it to be somewhat like medieval Dublin or "Porttown" from Holmes D&D. It would be nice to have a custom map though.

Erak is an interesting choice!

From the overview Blackmoor maps, it does appear to be located next to a small bay area.

IIRC Erak has a solid city wall. Some of the Blackmoor Players (Bob?) mentioned that they kept launching raids against Erak. Perhaps because it is still loyal to Thonia? I always imagined it as a bandit city. Perhaps they even have friendly relations with the Stormkiller Orcs....?

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Yeah, a smallish, once properous walled port town. That's partly why Dublin seemed a good model.
Erak is the Thonian entry port in Blackmoor.
You can find a lot about it in DA's Blacmoor. Wink
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land,
making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
Aldarron Wrote:Yeah, a smallish, once properous walled port town. That's partly why Dublin seemed a good model.

Indeed, a good suggestion.

Perhaps this map could be used as a reference? That would be quite in the spirit of Dave Arneson:

[Image: map%201.jpg]

Yaztromo Wrote:Erak is the Thonian entry port in Blackmoor.
You can find a lot about it in DA's Blacmoor. Wink

Yes, I was reading up a bit on that the other day. Also looking at the BMPG:

According to my old research here, there should be a total of 9 temples in Erak as mentioned in the BMPG, although no major temples. As we have speculated recently, some of these might indeed be very small shrines.

Does any other material reference Erak?

I always wanted to make Erac's cousin relevant to Erak...

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign