Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
I'm running 5E!
finarvyn Wrote:I wish that someone official could put out a "5E Blackmoor" supplement, with monsters and such all converted to the new rules. I mean, I can always "wing it" (and often do) but it would be nice to have someone more careful with this stuff put together a well thought-out and organized conversion.

By "official", I assume you mean a Comeback Inn publication? Wink

What classes, races, monsters etc are needed to run a Blackmoor campaign?

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Havard Wrote:
finarvyn Wrote:I wish that someone official could put out a "5E Blackmoor" supplement, with monsters and such all converted to the new rules. I mean, I can always "wing it" (and often do) but it would be nice to have someone more careful with this stuff put together a well thought-out and organized conversion.

By "official", I assume you mean a Comeback Inn publication? Wink

What classes, races, monsters etc are needed to run a Blackmoor campaign?

-Havard

I can only speak for myself but a LOT of Blackmoor lore, knowledge and rules information is spread all over the place. It's hard to get more than a 50% idea of what Blackmoor looks like and feels like with any one source. Even the few official Blackmoor books often have either a lot of information the reader is supposed to already know baked into them or huge areas incomplete.

It would be nice if there was someone who really loves Blackmoor and that has taken the time to study not just one source but all of them and combine all that information into a well written easy to understand and easy to use at a game table book. Personally I would love sidebars with peeks at the actual game tables of the early days combined with side bars on how to use this in the old and new games at our tables.

If I had a ring of Wish's and was blowing a charge on this I would also request great old school artwork and heck with it....I will blow another charge and ask for Hardback.

You asked, lol it's not hard to see why we don't have this already. It's a undertaking that would take years and time and effort and no small amount of money.

or simply one magical ring. Anyone got a extra one laying about?