Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
D&D 5th Ed Tops Amazon Best Seller List
icv2 Wrote:For the second day in a row, the Dungeons & Dragons Player’s Handbook is topping not only Amazon’s Science Fiction & Fantasy category, but is #1 overall in book sales, beating out such other essential back-to-school fare as The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual Disorders, 5th Edition, and To Kill a Mockingbird.

Full story:
http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/29473.html

Pretty impressive Smile

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Which means gamers aren't buying it from their local stores, but will then complain when those stores don't carry the full range of add-ons.

Just saying. Smile
[Image: JamesPren.png]

Davey Carter Human Swordmaster
Tales from the Vales

View my maps on flickr | Blackmoor Maps on Dropbox | Wilderlands Maps on Dropbox
My local store just got in 4th edition for the first time. The guy didn't even know that D&D 5th edition was a thing. He gets all upset and says"rpg's don't sell" but buys TONS of very old out of date things and then gets all upset they sit on his shelf for years. You can STILL find 3.5 splat books marked full price on his shelves.

To be honest it's mostly a comic book store but then even then it kind of sucks.I got a wild hair after seeing Flash commercial and went to his store to buy Flash and superman comics and he didn't have any.
My local game store is mostly board and family games with a small shelf of RPG materials. The owner also says that RPGs don't sell so he tries to pick carefully for his shelves, but of course he'll order anything I want.

He does support 5E. Not that there is much 5E product out there so far. The store runs Adventurer's League games (the new "Encounters") and gives priority to folks who bought the PH in his store.
Marv / Finarvyn
Member of The Regency Council
Visit my Blackmoor OD&D board
OD&D since 1975

"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
- Dave Arneson

[Image: Giladan.png]
I wonder if a roleplaying book being sold more often than Harper Lee is really a compliment to our lives and times... :wink: