Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Wilderlands/FFC and Blackmoor?
Looking at the main sections of the boards, I notice that there is a section for Greyhawk & Blackmoor (Gary's world) and Mystara & Blackmoor (BECMI world) but I don't see a secition for FFC Blackmoor and/or Wilderlands Blackmoor.

Is this because there isn't much interest in a FFC-only discussion? Is this because this discussion gets hidden somewhere else? What is the thought process here?

I ask because (as many folks hereabouts probably know) my personal favorite version of Blackmoor is one of "older is better" -- by which I'm thinking that the earlier material has more interest to me than the later stuff. The FFC is one of my favorite RPG sourcebooks.
Marv / Finarvyn
Member of The Regency Council
Visit my Blackmoor OD&D board
OD&D since 1975

"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
- Dave Arneson

[Image: Giladan.png]
finarvyn Wrote:Looking at the main sections of the boards, I notice that there is a section for Greyhawk & Blackmoor (Gary's world) and Mystara & Blackmoor (BECMI world) but I don't see a secition for FFC Blackmoor and/or Wilderlands Blackmoor.

Is this because there isn't much interest in a FFC-only discussion? Is this because this discussion gets hidden somewhere else? What is the thought process here?

I ask because (as many folks hereabouts probably know) my personal favorite version of Blackmoor is one of "older is better" -- by which I'm thinking that the earlier material has more interest to me than the later stuff. The FFC is one of my favorite RPG sourcebooks.

The CBI has seen some more quiet periods and some more active ones. Recently things have become more active again. The admin team has been discussing adding new forums to the boards. Smile

I think both of these areas you mention are well deserving of their own forums. New forums will only be added one at a time however so that we can see if each can generate enough activity and also give us time to promote changes etc.

Which of these areas would you prefer to see added first?

Please don't wait for us to make the changes though. At the moment both of these topics belong in the Blackmoor General Discussion forum. Feel free to start topics there and we can move them later. If topics generate enough traffic, that would be another reason to add new forums. Smile

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
The problem has tradionally been that WL didn't bring enough traffic, IIRC. - And I say this being an advocate of the WL/FFC connection; my own campaign is set there.
I guess the thing for me isn't so much about quantity of traffic as much as keeping things seperate from one another. For example, I don't have much interest in Mystara and don't look in the Mystara section unless I get really bored. If I saw a section with FFC Blackmoor (heck, even with FFC and WL combined) I might be looking at ideas posted by others and thus generate more of my own. As it is, those ideas get scattered through "general" and I might not notice them.

Just my two coppers.
Marv / Finarvyn
OD&D since 1975

- Dave Arneson

How about something like this to begin with? Smile

A Wilderlands Forum will have to wait a little longer, but feel free to start threads about it using the tag [WL] in the General Blackmoor Forum. The more threads about a certain topic people start, the sooner a forum for that topic will be created. Enjoy! Smile

-Havard
Looks great!

And as I think I mentioned earlier, I don't mind having the Wilderlands in the same pile as the original campaign. Since the FFC sort of covers both.... 8)
Marv / Finarvyn
OD&D since 1975

- Dave Arneson

finarvyn Wrote:Looks great!

Glad you like it! :mrgreen:

Quote:And as I think I mentioned earlier, I don't mind having the Wilderlands in the same pile as the original campaign. Since the FFC sort of covers both.... 8)

I am also very interested in the Wilderlands. Although I have to admit, my knowledge of the setting comes mostly from the Necromancer Games version (Boxed Set and Players Guide). But you are right, the FFC is where the connection between Blackmoor and the Wilderlands began. I also think it is nice that JG kept the northeastern corner of the Wilderlands empty to keep room for Blackmoor. Smile

-Havard
I'll be running a few JG scenarios this spring, but for Mordred, and as part of the Black Boar series, but not in Blackmoor.

IF I WOULD, then I'd likely look at the Pegasus scenario about the shipweck in the Valley of the Ancients region, though... :wink:
Le Noir Faineant Wrote:look at the Pegasus scenario about the shipweck in the Valley of the Ancients region, though... :wink:
Do you recall which issue has this? I have to hunt around in some boxes to find my issues of Pegasus.

Oh, and this thread could probably be moved to the FFC/WL section as well....
Marv / Finarvyn
OD&D since 1975

- Dave Arneson