Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
The Skandaharians
Havard Wrote:IMC, this is also the time when Beastmen, Orcs, Goblins etc first begin to appear in the North. I assume that the most common threats prior to this would be Giants, Trolls and Neanderthals as well as less intelligent monsters (Giant Animals, Dinosaurs etc). Lizardmen would also likely have been more numerous back then.

How about Skandahar? When did they start raiding the region?

Split from Marcellius of Tangor and The Dog Duke
-Havard
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land,
making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
Yaztromo Wrote:
Havard Wrote:IMC, this is also the time when Beastmen, Orcs, Goblins etc first begin to appear in the North. I assume that the most common threats prior to this would be Giants, Trolls and Neanderthals as well as less intelligent monsters (Giant Animals, Dinosaurs etc). Lizardmen would also likely have been more numerous back then.

How about Skandahar? When did they start raiding the region?

Very good question. Although before the rise of the Egg of Coot and the sinking of the Sinking Lands, the Black Sea did not connect to the North Sea. This meant that the Raiders of the East could not raid Blackmoor and Vestfold, while the Raiders of the West could not get to Maus and Archlis.

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Just found this in Zimriel's timeline:

Zimriel Wrote:970 The Realm of the Egg arises; lands to the north and east start to sink.
985 Baron of Blackmoor Alveraz loses head in a “surprise Barbarian attack”.

I have never seen the connection between these two events before. I have believed that the Barbarians in question could be Bortai Peshwah, but I think it could just as easily have been the first Skandaharian attack. Blackmoor's Lindisfarne?

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign