Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Thread:
[Tekumél] Connections to Blackmoor?
We know that Tekumél creatior Professor M.A.R. Barker was a friend of Dave Arneson and that both the Professor and many from his group ventured into Blackmoor with Arneson as DM. Arneson also played in the Professor's games of course, most notably with Captain Harchar.

Deborah Naffziger from Barker's group played Toska Rusa and likely had an influence on the development of Afridhi culture. It has even been speculated that the Afridhi as a whole were imported from Tekumél.

Are there other influences or connections between the two settings?

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
:twisted:

What was the most popular Tekumel crossover, to begin with, and how the Tekumel people get to that world?

Now, THAT in Blackmoor, great campaign. Remember the idea I pitched you last year about Sumerset's last fight?
It would have been about that.

Smile
I played EPT a few times and enjoyed it. I liked the details that were provided that were not present/available in the early D&D. Tekumel was a deadly place for newbies though. Other than Toska Rusa, I am not aware of any crossovers.
[Image: Sven.png]
Baetho an Elf
The Vales campaign
gsvenson Wrote:I played EPT a few times and enjoyed it. I liked the details that were provided that were not present/available in the early D&D. Tekumel was a deadly place for newbies though. Other than Toska Rusa, I am not aware of any crossovers.

*Very interesting!* Smile
Was this with miniature rules or with Barker's Empire of Petal Thrones rules? Do you remember anything about your adventures there? What character did you play? Did Dave play at the same time?

-Havard
It was with the EPT rules. At this point, I don't remember who else played, nor do I remember anything about my character. Sorry.
[Image: Sven.png]
Baetho an Elf
The Vales campaign
I'm sorry I missed this thread the first time around; I've posted a few things in other threads that might be of help, here...

yours, chirine
chirine ba kal Wrote:I'm sorry I missed this thread the first time around; I've posted a few things in other threads that might be of help, here...

Thanks Chirine! Thanks to your blog podcast, I now know more about the adventures of Chirine in Blackmoor. Actually I thought it would only be a matter of one or two sessions, but it seems it was a lot more than that.

What stories would have been told by local Blackmoorians after the Tekumel visitors departed? Smile

-Havard
Havard Wrote:
chirine ba kal Wrote:I'm sorry I missed this thread the first time around; I've posted a few things in other threads that might be of help, here...

Thanks Chirine! Thanks to your blog podcast, I now know more about the adventures of Chirine in Blackmoor. Actually I thought it would only be a matter of one or two sessions, but it seems it was a lot more than that.

What stories would have been told by local Blackmoorians after the Tekumel visitors departed? Smile

-Havard

Well, let me see...

"Who are these weird people, anyway?"

"Hey, did you hear about those odd folks off that big galley? Funny dressers, and not a bit of iron armor in the lot!"

"Hey, did you hear about those odd folks off that big galley? There's a really beautiful lady in the bunch, says she's a Princess!"

"Hey, did you hear about that guy in the funny red armor? He's been hanging around with Gertie all the time - speaks Dragon, they say!"

"Hey, did you see that bald lady off that ship? Not a hair on her! Weird! Hangs around with the Elves, too!"

"Hey, that guy in the funny red armor is buying pots and pans - paying these little gold coins for 'em, too!"

"Huh! Funny square hat on that guy - he says he a priest, or something."

"Huh! That guy in the red armor sure is good at starting fires!"

"Huh! Those pirates didn't have a chance once those people in the funny armor got stuck into them."

"Huh! That guy in the funny hat married one of Cedric's goats. No telling about some folks, eh?"

"Huh! Those folks will buy anything! Tourists, maybe?"

"That bald lady sure likes nice jewelry!"

"Her really pretty friend does, too - you know, the one who's a Princess, someplace."

"That Princess lady - her husband's bald, too. Wonder if it might be catching?"

That's the first ten game sessions for you... Smile

I can go on, if you like... Smile

yours, chirine