Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Dungeon! to return in October!
Havard Wrote:I assume that this year's version will be similar in mechanics to D&D 4e? At least I think the other latest run of D&D based board games are...?
I am a little bummed not to find more information about this. Certainly, it would be logical to use 4E so that Dungeon! would be compatible with the other board games, but I'd love to have it be a more traditional re-release as well.

Either way, I finally threw together enough cash to re-buy a purple box Dungeon! from Noble Knight. Should be here any day now... 8)
Marv / Finarvyn
Member of The Regency Council
Visit my Blackmoor OD&D board
OD&D since 1975

"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
- Dave Arneson

[Image: Giladan.png]
Actually, the entry on Amazon.com seems to suggest that it's not 4E but an actual re-release.

Quote:This re-release of the classic Dungeon! boardgame stays true to the original but incorporates several revisions made to the game in later editions, giving players the most fun experience possible.

I assume that the "revisions" represent some of the Dragon magazine articles, etc, as opposed to using the earlier rules which lacked that material. I suspect they won't be making up new classes or anything as radical as that.
Marv / Finarvyn
OD&D since 1975

- Dave Arneson

Sounds like that quote can be interpreted in more than one way, but yeah what I was saying was just speculation. I guess we will know in a few months Smile

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
By the phrase "later editions" I assume they mean later editions of Dungeon! and not later editions of D&D.

E.g. they are taking rules from "New" Dungeon and "Classic" Dungeon and putting them into the new game.
Marv / Finarvyn
OD&D since 1975

- Dave Arneson

Anybody got it yet? Smile

I'd be interested, but, to be honest, I bought the Castle RL game three years ago, and haven't even unboxed that one. Sad

Ah, so much to play, so little time...
I don't have it yet, but there are more details here:

http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2012/10/dungeon-unboxing/

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Thank you!

Goes for 16 € on amazon.de - bought without thinking. Now, a game for 50 bucks would have been different, but this way: Hooray!