The Comeback Inn
Arnesonian actual play? - Printable Version

+- The Comeback Inn (https://blackmoor.mystara.us/forums)
+-- Forum: The Garnet Room - Blackmoor General Forum (https://blackmoor.mystara.us/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: Zvenzen's Freehold - General Chat (https://blackmoor.mystara.us/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Arnesonian actual play? (/showthread.php?tid=1035)

Pages: 1 2

Arnesonian actual play? - heymikey - 12-16-2011

Howdy Folks,

I got my start with D&D back in `82. And since 2005 I've had my interest rekindled in D&D and gaming in general.
Also I've lived in Central Florida for nearly 30 years, and attended Megacon in Orlando for the last 15.

Maybe I was asleep for most of that time, but now I find that the Dave Arneson himself lived worked and played
for the last ten years of his life just a short drive away. I feel like a big dope.

Actually I feel like I missed out.
Dave had a number of interviews in magazines and even on some podcasts talking about his style of play.
But do any "actual play" recordings exist of him refereeing a game?

Re: Arnesonian actual play? - Rafael - 12-17-2011

Welcome, Mikey!

I think there are some private tapes that used to circulate on Youtube;
but apart from that, little, or nothing.

However, there are some pretty well-versed "Arnesonian" oldschoolers located near you,
as well. Probably, contacting them might give you an opportunity to make up for missing out on Mr Arneson. Smile

Re: Arnesonian actual play? - heymikey - 12-17-2011

No "actual play" recordings, eh? That's a shame. Any suggestions on who to look up from Dave's recent players. When I looked into it myself all I found were references to folks that played with Dave in the original Blackmoor campaign in the early seventies.

Thanks for the reply.

Re: Arnesonian actual play? - Rafael - 12-17-2011

I am European, of course, and have never even been to Florida, but Dustin Clingman might know.

Re: Arnesonian actual play? - heymikey - 12-18-2011

Thanks for the pointer, I shall message him and see what comes of it.

Re: Arnesonian actual play? - Havard - 12-18-2011

That would be very cool to see. 8)

There was the Dragons in the Basement documentary project that Arneson was involved in. Who knows what that might have contained?

-Havard

Re: Arnesonian actual play? - rredmond - 12-18-2011

And keep us posted! Smile

Re: Arnesonian actual play? - heymikey - 12-19-2011

Dragons in the Basement. Man, if there is one project that needs kickstarter.com, it;s Dragons in the Basement.

Re: Arnesonian actual play? - Havard - 12-19-2011

heymikey Wrote:Dragons in the Basement. Man, if there is one project that needs kickstarter.com, it;s Dragons in the Basement.

You can say that again! Smile

Speaking of actual play reports: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1604

-Havard

Re: Arnesonian actual play? - aldarron - 12-20-2011

Well, Kickstarter is a means of generating funding and funding is not the issue with Dragons in the Basement as there are a number of qualified people who have voluntereed to work on it, etc. Malia will go forward with that project when she's ready to.