Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
3rd Annual David L. Arneson Maritime Miniatures Event
"Yarrrrgh, me buckos! It be the time o' the year when we sets sail once again on the High Seas of Tekumelyani Adventure, and celebrates the life and times of our dear old Captain Harchar of the Blazoned Sail Clan, that devilishly handsome seafaring rogue and Honest Merchant Seaman!"

In short, it's time once again for the annual David L. Arneson Memorial Maritime Miniatures Mayhem Event; Dave played the infamous sea captain Harchar in Prof. M. A. R. Barker’s Tekumel games for many years, and we like to remember him with an annual Tekumel miniatures game. This year, our third annual outing will be held on Saturday, April 9th, 2011, at the Fantasy Flight Games Event Center in Roseville, Minnesota. The event starts at noon, and goes until everyone is too tired to laugh any more.

The address is 1975 Oakcrest Avenue, Suite 10; for more information on the center, have a look at their website:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_npm.asp?eidm=13

We have booked the upper Mezzanine level for the event, as befits the high standards of gaming that Dave set. (That's our story, anyway, and we're sticking to it.) We'll bring all the needful, and all you need to do is show up and have fun.

The basic plot of the game will be the same as the infamous "Saving Serqu's Sisters", or "Romp In The Swamp" we played at our Annual New Year’s Day game event; the idea is to save General Serqu's two sisters from A Horrible Fate at the hands of the terrible Hlutrgu. The last time around, these little rubbery nasties had it all their own way against the heavy infantry of the Legion of Serqu, Sword of the Empire, but this time around they'll have to contend with the intrepid Captain Harchar, his equally intrepid daughter Malia the Pirate Princess, and a couple of their friends like Carolyn, the Pirate Queen of Butrus. (If ye thinks ye detects A Theme, matey, ye'd be right on course, belike!)

There will be more boats, more swamp, more mayhem, more swamp, and a lot more fun for all and sundry as the Aethervox Gamers and their guests take on the best that Howard Fielding and the Tekumel Project can throw at them. We’re going to run this game several times in the course of the day so as to let everybody play different roles, too. Pictures from the last two years of this event are available at:

http://s277.photobucket.com/albums/kk72/Chirine_ba_Kal/

And further information will be available on my blog:

http://chirinesworkbench.blogspot.com/

Please feel free to post this announcement anywhere you think people might be interested!

Yours, Chirine - chirine@aethervox.net
Great to hear you are doing this again! Smile

I have forwarded it to my blog and a couple of other places.

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
I love the fact that Malia, the Pirate Princess will be in it Smile

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Thanks for your comments! We're adding a second game scenario to this event, by popular demand; this will be a re-staging of the First Annual DLA MMM game we did. It's a bit of piracy along the canal and river that runs south of the city of Butrus in Tsolyanu, and was a game that I threw together in about twenty-four hours after we got the news about Dave three years ago. It's a pretty wild and furious game, and is based on the way the 'Brownsteins' were played by Dave Wesley and the original Blackmoor crowd.

We'll be taking lots of photos of this event, and I'll have these up on my Photobucket page. We also had a very unexpected opportunity come up on Friday, and we may be able to offer video of this event to all of you. I'll keep everyone posted as this develops, of course...

yours, Chirine