Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Is the Tarrasque a Lesser Servitor?
This post refers to the Outer Being - Greater Servitor - Lesser Servitor hyerarchy.

I read (again) some definitions of the Tarrasque (a BIG BIG monster that sleeps long time, then wakes ups and brings destruction all around it) here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarrasque_(...6_Dragons) please, have a look at the description...

I never thought about it, but I think it can fit reasonably well as a Lesser Servitor. What do you think?
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land,
making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
I am one of those players who have had my character killed by a Tarrasque that appeared as a random encounter(!).

Lets take another look at the hierarchy

Code:
Old Ones
                            |
        -------------- --------------
        |                           |  
Immortals                     Outer Beings
        |                            |
Exalted Servants           Greater Servitors
        |                             |
Demigods                      Lesser Servitors

Maybe something like that?

The Tarrasque fits quite well in appearance and atmosphere within the Outer Being hierarchy, but I almost wonder if it may not be too powerful to be considered a Lesser Servitor?

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Your scheme doesn't look bad at all to me!!!
I don't think a Tarrasque is too powerful as it measures up agaist Demigods... and if the Egg of Coot is a Greater Servitor, the Tarrasque can well be a Lesser one...

It has just to be explained why the Outer Beings can't access "this" reality and the Immortals can't access "that" reality, while Servitors can exist in "this" reality (and probably, for balancing reasons, Exalted and Demigods can exist in "that" reality as well)... Did they get "stuck" in the "wrong" reality when the Older Ones "split" the realities between Immortals and Outer Beings?
Yaztromo Wrote:Your scheme doesn't look bad at all to me!!!
I don't think a Tarrasque is too powerful as it measures up agaist Demigods... and if the Egg of Coot is a Greater Servitor, the Tarrasque can well be a Lesser one...

Probably true, though it would be in the top range of the lesser servitors.

Quote:It has just to be explained why the Outer Beings can't access "this" reality and the Immortals can't access "that" reality, while Servitors can exist in "this" reality (and probably, for balancing reasons, Exalted and Demigods can exist in "that" reality as well)... Did they get "stuck" in the "wrong" reality when the Older Ones "split" the realities between Immortals and Outer Beings?

I believe fan material on the subject details a war between the Immortals and the Outer Beings at the Dawn of the Multiverse, resulting in the Outer Beings being banned beyond the Vortex Dimension.

The Servitors were created in the Nightmare Dimension, specifically to be able to give the OB's some kind of influence in our Multiverse.

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
I don't like too much the story of the Immortals winning and locking up the Outer Beings... I feel more attracted by the version that says that the Older Ones, in order to stop Immortals and Outer Beings (originally two factions of the same kind of beings), choose to separate them: one universe for the Immortals and another universe for the Outer Beings (and who knows how many other universes are there...).

Like some parents that put their kids in separate bedrooms to stop them beating each other... :roll:

For balancing reasons i'd accept the principle that, while Outer Beings are trying to influence "this" side, the Immortals should be trying to influence "that" side... this sounds reasonable to me...