Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
World of Shaerdraeth (defunct) was: Code Monkey Publishing
Using Shaerdreath with Blackmoor

Even though Shaerdraeth never happened, would it be possible based on my summary of the planned setting, to make any use of it in a Blackmoor Campaign?

When I first heard about this project I thought it would be someting we could use to develop a distant part of Dave Arneson's world. However, with all the talk about a different cosmology and multiple moons oribiting the planet, I think it might make more sense of Shaerdraeth is rather a different Plane of Existence.

1. Skelfer
Since Skelfer is somehow tied to this setting, my idea is that perhaps this was a Plane discovered by Skelfer during the Mage Wars. If so, would Skelfer have some sort of plan for this world? Perhaps part of a plan to avoid some future disaster or help prevent a future threat to Blackmoor?

2. The Docrae
For some reason the Docrae are tied to Shaerdraeth. Could Shaerdraeth be the original homeworld of the Docrae? Granted, the Docrae already have an official backstory involving having one original home to the far west and then being desposed to Blackmoor. I'm not saying their original home should be changed to Shaerdraeth, but perhaps they first came from Shaerdraeth and then settled in that realm to the west before being driven to Blackmoor? Or I suppose a less complex version could be that while some Docrae fled to Blackmoor, others found a way into Shaerdreath, perhaps through the aid of Skelfer?

3. The Ordo Elementarum
A third group I would like to get involved here are the Ordo Elementarum. These elementalists are another ZGG addition to Blackmoor and vaguely connected to the Magewars. We already know that they were forced to planar exile by Raddan Goss during the Magewars and that they explored a large number of Planes during their time of exile before eventually beginning to return to Blackmoor again in the d20 era (1030s). It seems highly likely that some of these too would have discovered Shaerdraeth. Given their involvement on the Plane of Time, they could even have arrived on Shaerdraeth before they actually left Blackmoor. How would that work for you Dr Who fans out there? 8)

I still feel that Shaerdraeth is missing something though. If we make it a parallell plane to Blackmoor, then there ought to be something that makes it stand apart from that world. Perhaps Sorcerers have taken control there? Or they have discovered some new threat that could eventually spill back into Blackmoor? Suggestions?

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Maybe, this could be something to use a certain tower with... :wink:
Latest news on this:

Sheridan Wrote:Shaedrath was written, but ended up getting eaten in a computer crash.

Posted in the Blackmoor Fans group on FB.

I guess that is the end of that story. At least from the publishing side. There is nothing preventing the rest of us from writing a fan version of course Smile

-Havard
In a word: No.

Shaedraeth is a custom campaign setting that is entirely of my work. There are elements of Blackmoor I can use, references I can make, and things I can outright use that are not the property of anyone else but myself (CMP)...

However, there is NO tie to Blackmoor directly because of licensing.

Blackmoor will be referenced, but not as "Blackmoor" (because of said licensing) but as the "Lost Moorlands".

It will be a nod, an homage, to what I (CMP) sadly cannot do anything more with.

Hope that clears things up for you folks.

W. Robert Reed III
Mynex
- #1 Evil Monkey
- Code Monkey Publishing Owner
- Summum Malorum Simius
Hello Robert!
Welcome to the Comeback Inn! Great hearing from you again. From the sound of it Shaerdraeth is not a dead project then? I am sure that I speak for more of us here when I say that we are very interested in hearing what your plans are. Smile

Do you have any announcements for 2016 from CMP? Smile

-Havard
Havard Wrote:Hello Robert!
Welcome to the Comeback Inn! Great hearing from you again. From the sound of it Shaerdraeth is not a dead project then? I am sure that I speak for more of us here when I say that we are very interested in hearing what your plans are. Smile

Do you have any announcements for 2016 from CMP? Smile

-Havard

Hi Havard, thanks for the welcome.

Shaedraeth is not dead, just moving very slowly. I hope to pick that pace up though.

Announcements? Other than getting back into it, no. I'm staying away from announcements, having learned my lesson all to well in the past.

I'm starting with small things and working from there, that's about all I'll commit to at this time.

W. Robert Reed III
Mynex
- #1 Evil Monkey
- Code Monkey Publishing Owner
- Summum Malorum Simius
I had one of those "something small" ideas once.

....seven years later, I've got three continuities to wrangle, a cast of dozens, and way too many adventure ideas (if there can be such a thing?)
Rob
[Image: Trista-Thronesig-zps94e26f1f.png]
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | twitter | The Blog