Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Thread:
Zvenzen's Freehold Characters
So today I was looking over the FFC maps of Zvenzens Freehold and its really amazing how much detail is given on them. The rooms are all detailed and there are rooms on the second floor that have names attached to them. One of them says "Mello" and I suppose that to be the well known hobbit, but other rooms are labeled:

Tuahm
Sgreg
Bicarill

Who are these people? Svenson's family?
Aldarron Wrote:So today I was looking over the FFC maps of Zvenzens Freehold and its really amazing how much detail is given on them. The rooms are all detailed and there are rooms on the second floor that have names attached to them. One of them says "Mello" and I suppose that to be the well known hobbit, but other rooms are labeled:

Tuahm
Sgreg
Bicarill

Who are these people? Svenson's family?

Good question!
Henchmen?

Sgreg, does seem to be a play on GregS. I'd like to say the others look like similar word plays, but can't figure them out at the moment...

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Except for Mello, those names are not familiar to me, either. Svenny's closest companions at the time the Freehold was built were Mello (as noted), The Blue Rider and Bishop Carr. They actually helped with the project. Jim Barber, Stephan Rocheford and Dave Belfry were also close companions at the time. Later, Martin Noetzel, Bob Meyers, Scott Belfry and the Snider brothers were also among Svenny's companions. So, the rooms could have been intended for any of them. That level doesn't look all that familiar to me at this point. I did the floor plans when I was taking an architectural drafting course in the Spring of 1972.
[Image: Sven.png]
Baetho an Elf
The Vales campaign
gsvenson Wrote:. I did the floor plans when I was taking an architectural drafting course in the Spring of 1972.

That's really interesting Greg. Did Dave redraw your maps for the FFC? Looks to be his handwriting on them, if I'm not mistaken, or at least, the handwriting matches the other maps and drawings.
Yes, my floor plans were redone before FFC came out.
[Image: Sven.png]
Baetho an Elf
The Vales campaign
Quote:Tuahm
Bicarill

I keep thinking these would be plays on the names of players or friends of Dave. Tuahm=Mathew?

Bicarill = Bill Carr...?

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
It is documented that The Great Svenny received help from Mello and Bishop Carr in building Svenson's Freehold. I therefore assumed Bicarrill was just another name for Bishop Carr. Not unheard of for any of the Blackmoor characters to go by different names. Heck, Svenny himself has been known as Greg, Swenson, Svenson, Zvenzen, Sveinn, and Sweeney, just to name a few.

Tuahm is a strange one though; based on no other information, other than the assistance he provided in building the Freehold, I have made the assumption that it was yet another name for Bill Heaton's character, The Blue Rider. Without good explanation, he has been known by many names—The Invisible Wonder, The Invisible Kid, Blue (all from Corner of the Table Vol. 4 No. 3), Bill, Blue Bill, Heaton (from Corner of the Table Vol. 4 No. 6), William (DA1), and Willem of the Heath (DAB - hardcover and softcover versions). No other Blackmoor character I know of has gone by this many different names, so what's another one added to the pile?

- Xylarthen