Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Thread:
Dungeons of Blackmoor and Blackmoor Castle
Hey Havard,

So I was communicating with neuronphaser this week and he said he lost all the files he had uploaded due to a database hack - that's why all the links are dead. I wonder though, any chance you copied any of his stuff and saved it somewhere?
Aldarron Wrote:Hey Havard,

So I was communicating with neuronphaser this week and he said he lost all the files he had uploaded due to a database hack - that's why all the links are dead. I wonder though, any chance you copied any of his stuff and saved it somewhere?

I asked him about what he did and how things went. Here's his response:

"...unfortunately I put all that work in and then the campaign got shelved after only a couple sessions because I moved cross-country, and now I've got nothing to show for it :-(

I vaguely remember... So, I was running the game in Castles & Crusades. The PCs with 1st level, if I recall correctly, with Max Hit points (or maybe CON score + 1 hit die's roll) because I used critical hits deal double damage dice rule. They were at a gathering in Castle Blackmoor when some villain or another drugged most of the guests and then abducted someone (maybe the Duke?).

The players were among the few who were not poisoned as they had arrived late due to the interference of an NPC. It was some iconic character of the setting, as I recall, with what was effectively power armor and a mechanical horse liberated from the Temple of the Frog or something similar.

So, the whole point, as I recall it, was that the NPC took the abductee down to Level 3 in a room where there was a summoning circle, and I believe a fire elemental (the fire elemental was described in the room already, because I recall the text from Dungeons of Blackmoor [3E] talking about the ambient heat in the region). I remember pulling out several of the monsters on the route from Level 1 to Level 3 in order to get the players down into that room relatively quickly and only impeded by the badguy's minions, which were goblins, if I recall correctly. And notably, there was already a cave-in hallway on Level 1, so I just said that led to a stairwell down to Level 2, not far from a door that led to a hall with a stairwell to Level 3. But there still were a few random monsters in the path -- giant spiders and the like -- so that there were moments when the players could either let the goblins get mauled, or join forces with the goblins to fight a greater threat, and so on.

They chased the villain, fought, watched the abductee get sacrificed or some such, and then the game folded, unfortunately. But the plan was that they'd go back to the surface and get tasked with helping to clean out the dungeons to find the badguy and figure out what the sacrifice was all about. On subsequent delves, I would've used the monsters more or less as they were written in Dungeons of Blackmoor, but with maybe a few additions and having already opened up an alternate route to Level 3."