Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Thread:
Blackmoor Timeline Project
Greg Wrote:
Aldarron Wrote:The kingdom of the Elves stretches across the North, from the foothills of the Goblins Kush in the west to the Barbarian hills of Rhun in the east. (PG:197)

What is the PG source cited here? Is it the "WL Players Guide by Necromancers" that you referenced toward the end of this thread? Is that one of the Wilderlands publications? Which one is it and when was it published?

Wilderlands!? Heavens no, I was citing the Players Guide to Blackmoor. https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/514...-Blackmoor All the sources are strictly Arneson, original player, or Blackmoor product in origin.

I'm pretty sure I've updated this timeline a few times since I posted it here and I think it could use a few more updates in the post mage wars stuff.
Aldarron Wrote:
Greg Wrote:
Aldarron Wrote:The kingdom of the Elves stretches across the North, from the foothills of the Goblins Kush in the west to the Barbarian hills of Rhun in the east. (PG:197)

What is the PG source cited here? Is it the "WL Players Guide by Necromancers" that you referenced toward the end of this thread? Is that one of the Wilderlands publications? Which one is it and when was it published?

Wilderlands!? Heavens no, I was citing the Players Guide to Blackmoor. https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/514...-Blackmoor All the sources are strictly Arneson, original player, or Blackmoor product in origin.

I'm pretty sure I've updated this timeline a few times since I posted it here and I think it could use a few more updates in the post mage wars stuff.

For a second there I thought the Blackmoor PG had included references to Rhun, but I am assuming this is your extrapolation? I don't think I've seen any reference to Rhun outside the Marfeldt section in the FFC?

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Havard Wrote:For a second there I thought the Blackmoor PG had included references to Rhun, but I am assuming this is your extrapolation? I don't think I've seen any reference to Rhun outside the Marfeldt section in the FFC?

Exactly. I can't find any reference to this passage about the elves, Goblin Kush and Rhun on p. 197 or anywhere else in the Players' Guide to Blackmoor. Aldarron, can you explain how you arrived at this statement in your timeline? Was it simply based on the passage on p. 197: "the records of the Cumasti elves predate the settlement of humans in the North, and tell of a single grand elven nation"?
Greg Wrote:
Havard Wrote:For a second there I thought the Blackmoor PG had included references to Rhun, but I am assuming this is your extrapolation? I don't think I've seen any reference to Rhun outside the Marfeldt section in the FFC?

Exactly. I can't find any reference to this passage about the elves, Goblin Kush and Rhun on p. 197 or anywhere else in the Players' Guide to Blackmoor. Aldarron, can you explain how you arrived at this statement in your timeline? Was it simply based on the passage on p. 197: "the records of the Cumasti elves predate the settlement of humans in the North, and tell of a single grand elven nation"?

Yep, that's it. There's actually a few such references, and I think that was prolly the first one I came across when I was footnoting that entry. Here is a more biggerer one:

Once, a mighty elven nation (its name
now long lost to the tongues of men) ruled all the North,
and a single grand elven culture spread from sea to sea.
Over many centuries the elves’ power waned, and none
are more cognizant of this fact than the Cumasti, the last
heirs of a great and proud tradition that existed before the
dawn of human history.

Dave Arneson's Blackmoor 2004, Goodman Games.

As for Rhun, yes, that only appears in the FFC Marfeldt entry, described as a polity to the east. So, yes I was more or less interpreting sea to sea as Goblin Kush to Rhun.
Aldarron Wrote:Yep, that's it. There's actually a few such references, and I think that was prolly the first one I came across when I was footnoting that entry. Here is a more biggerer one:

Once, a mighty elven nation (its name
now long lost to the tongues of men) ruled all the North,
and a single grand elven culture spread from sea to sea.
Over many centuries the elves’ power waned, and none
are more cognizant of this fact than the Cumasti, the last
heirs of a great and proud tradition that existed before the
dawn of human history.

Dave Arneson's Blackmoor 2004, Goodman Games.

Indeed! I once made a map detailing Blackmoor's world before the Egg of Coot starts flooding the place with the original Elven Woodlands intact.

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Rafael Wrote:Dunno, Aldy, have you even cared to look into the LFC timeline?

Where can I look into this timeline. I'm beginning to work in mine, and it you both have done all the hard work here.