Baron Calvin (896-927)
Baron Alfred (927-950)
Baron Balfred “the Bald” (950-965)
Baron Alveraz (965-985)
Baron Ra-All “the Wise” (985-995)
Baron Wesely “The Weasel”(995)
Baron Fant (995-1002)
Baron Bakula Andahar (1002-1005)
Baron Uther Andahar (1005-, King from 1014-)

Many of the dates are arbitrary. With Robert I's death, I went with the Company of the Maiden Timeline. As mentioned earlier, I have linked Kargas Dolmut from the ZGG books with Pissaic from the FFC. I did the same thing with Raddan and the Bloody Duke, thus connecting newer material with the original stuff. Raddam is a half-elf with a life span of up to 180 years, so the canon reign of 91 years isn't as crazy as I first thought. For the others I assumed an average of 30 years. For the lesser known Barons, I went with the idea that they were Barons in the same order as they appear in the FFC. That is fairly arbitrary, but in most cases we have nothing else to work with.

Although I don't know this for a fact, I speculate that Bakula (sometimes Bakura) is Uther's father. Bakula was both Baron of Blackmoor and Co-Regent of Vestfold. When he died, Uther became Baron of Blackmoor, and later king of the independent realm.

I have more details on each ruler on the way, but I wanted to get the order of succession ready first.

Thoughts?

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Okay, I can inlcude this into the Maiden timeline to some extent.

Anything else I should include there? - Last week was already proofreading week, you know.... :wink:
Rafael Wrote:Okay, I can inlcude this into the Maiden timeline to some extent.

Cool 8)
I am a little uncertain about making Bakula Uther's father, but OTOH he does seem like a good candiate. Also, Bakula is the last mentioned ruler of Vestfold before the Cabal/Regency Council/Thieves Guild take over that city, probably coinciding with Uther becoming ruler of the realm.

Quote:Anything else I should include there? - Last week was already proofreading week, you know.... :wink:

Ah, shit I forgot. I will try to send you something later today. Have you considered the various timelines I have posted here for the non-human races?

-Havard
Havard Wrote:Ah, shit I forgot. I will try to send you something later today. Have you considered the various timelines I have posted here for the non-human races?

Yepp, checked them. I think I had most stuff included already.
The only difference is that, by the very fabric of the setting, I needed to keep most of the Elven storylines out,
because that supposedly happens thousands of years before the setting.

Wilderlands having a timeline of tens of thousands of years certainly stretches our timeline as well.
I am pretty happy about my decisions to link Raddam Goss of the D20 line with the FFC's "Bloody Duke". Similarly, I like the idea of making Kargas=>Pissaic.

Any thoughts on those?

Of course there are many centuries still where we don't have rulers, but that is not so terribly important as long as we have placed the already named ones into the timeline.

-Havard
Some more stuff has come to light:

Greg Svenson Wrote:After the heros lost Blackmoor and were exiled to Loc Gloomin, Blackmoor was recovered and controlled by the elves (led by Phil Grant) and dwarves (might have been led by Harry Holman, I am not sure anymore). Later control was restored to human leaders, but I don't recall who,

Source: http://odd74.proboards.com/index.cgi?bo ... 325&page=1

The elves and dwarves ruled Blackmoor from 998 it seems and until 1002, if not longer.

-Havard
Havard Wrote:Some more stuff has come to light:

Greg Svenson Wrote:After the heros lost Blackmoor and were exiled to Loc Gloomin, Blackmoor was recovered and controlled by the elves (led by Phil Grant) and dwarves (might have been led by Harry Holman, I am not sure anymore). Later control was restored to human leaders, but I don't recall who,

Source: http://odd74.proboards.com/index.cgi?bo ... 325&page=1

The elves and dwarves ruled Blackmoor from 998 it seems and until 1002, if not longer.

-Havard

Yep, part of the reason I assume that Blackmoor was formerly controled by Dwarves and Elves prior to significant human settlement following the "conquest" (annexation really) of Blackmoor by Robert I. I see both groups, particularly Elves as only humouring the humans while still considering Blackmoor to be thier territory. What's left unexplained is why the elves turn Blackmoor back to human control under Uther, given that the elves seem to have decided humans can't be left in charge of the Castle and Dungeons in particular. Perhaps Uther is part elvish....

The list of Barons seems pretty well done, although I'm not too keen on equating names to non BM sources and I'm personally sticking with the Baron Regscott/Egg of Coot story for the ID traitor in my SWA campaign, but that's just me. Smile
Aldarron Wrote:Yep, part of the reason I assume that Blackmoor was formerly controled by Dwarves and Elves prior to significant human settlement following the "conquest" (annexation really) of Blackmoor by Robert I.

Elves yeah. Dwarves did not settle in the North until after the war with Id according the the DA modules.

Quote: I see both groups, particularly Elves as only humouring the humans while still considering Blackmoor to be thier territory. What's left unexplained is why the elves turn Blackmoor back to human control under Uther, given that the elves seem to have decided humans can't be left in charge of the Castle and Dungeons in particular. Perhaps Uther is part elvish....

RobJN presented a similar theory in his Thorn's Chronicle series. In any case, Uther's close friendship with Menander Ithamis, is likely also a part of the background for this as well as the continued good relations between the Blackmoorians and the elves. (This is described as a sometimes challenging task for Menander). The presence of powerful common enemies could also be a good reason for the demi-humans to appreciate human presence in the North. As to the dwarves, they have been in more or less a continual state of war with Orcs over the last centuries so

Quote:The list of Barons seems pretty well done, although I'm not too keen on equating names to non BM sources and I'm personally sticking with the Baron Regscott/Egg of Coot story for the ID traitor in my SWA campaign, but that's just me. :
)

Thanks! For the record, none of the sources referred to above are non-Blackmoor ones. They are just a combination of ZGG and FFC sources.

In the case of the Egg of Coot, the Egg was not noticed in the North untill 470 years after the conflict with the Cult of Id, so even if a Blackmoorian Baron became the Egg, wouldnt it make sense to have him be a ruler at a later time? Possibly make him the Bloody Duke? I am linking the Bloody Duke to the appearance of the Egg, but perhaps in a slightly different way.

-Havard
Havard Wrote:
Aldarron Wrote:The list of Barons seems pretty well done, although I'm not too keen on equating names to non BM sources and I'm personally sticking with the Baron Regscott/Egg of Coot story for the ID traitor in my SWA campaign, but that's just me. :
)

Thanks! For the record, none of the sources referred to above are non-Blackmoor ones. They are just a combination of ZGG and FFC sources.

Cool. Somehow I got the impression you were suggesting a couple people were the same as others mentined in mystara material. Maybe that was something else? Anywho its a great list.

Havard Wrote:In the case of the Egg of Coot, the Egg was not noticed in the North untill 470 years after the conflict with the Cult of Id, so even if a Blackmoorian Baron became the Egg, wouldnt it make sense to have him be a ruler at a later time? Possibly make him the Bloody Duke? I am linking the Bloody Duke to the appearance of the Egg, but perhaps in a slightly different way.

-Havard

Nah, I think its fine if you look at coot as being a kind of merger of ancient ID forces to the soul of the baron (like V'ger and Decker in the first Star Trek movie). The being then matured, grew, and planed for several centuries before it was powerful enough and confident enough to emerge. Something like that. The Bloody duke might indeed have been a catalyst to that emergence somehow.
Aldarron Wrote:Cool. Somehow I got the impression you were suggesting a couple people were the same as others mentined in mystara material. Maybe that was something else? Anywho its a great list.

Ah, yes I see now that my first post was a bit unclear on this. What I meant was that combined material from the D20 Blackmoor line and combined it with material from the FFC. In particular, I used the two characters Kargas Dalmut and Raddam Goss from the D20 line, and made the assumption that these were the same as Passiac and the Bloody Duke from the FFC. Since we know almost nothing about the FFC characters I figured it made sense to equate them to the latter characters. What we do know sort of fits too. Kargas was a mage at least and Raddam could easily be described as bloody.

In the case of the Dog Duke and the Bloody Duke, I wonder if they were actually Dukes, or that they were instead Barons. If not, we could take it to mean that Blackmoor was reduced to a Barony after the fiasco with the Bloody Duke, with Vestfold (Earldom) becoming the dominant center of the region.

Quote:Nah, I think its fine if you look at coot as being a kind of merger of ancient ID forces to the soul of the baron (like V'ger and Decker in the first Star Trek movie). The being then matured, grew, and planed for several centuries before it was powerful enough and confident enough to emerge. Something like that. The Bloody duke might indeed have been a catalyst to that emergence somehow.

Yep. My take on the Egg's true nature is a little different from yours, but follows the same lines more or less. I have the cult of Id essentially fail in their attempt to awaken the Great Slumbering Evil, whereas the Mage Wars, at the time of the Bloody Duke releasing enough energy to awaken it by accident.

-Havard