Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Thread:
The NWFP Connection
Some more information that might be relevant:

Dave Arneson Interview Wrote:The DA series had four modules (Adventures in Bklackmoor, Temple of the Frog, City of the Gods and The Duchy of Ten N.d.R.) and a fifth one (City of Blackmoor) was announced but, alas, never produced. Perhaps the sales of the series were not good enough do deserve a continuation, albeit the DA modules fetch very high prices in the collectors' market? What should have been the contents of this fifth module?

The fifth module will appear in its entirety at some point next year. I must state again that the sales figures were not a factor in terminating the original series. The sales on eBay would bear this out.

What was the role of David J Ritchie in the DA series? Was he a codesigner or 'simply' a writer?

For the first four modules he was the editor. The work that he did was never passed back to me for my approval. Not to criticize David, but there were changes made that I did not like. He was heavily involved in doing the last module. But, again, I was given no say in the matter and my relationship with TSR was already brewing into anther suit. Again, I am sorry, I can provide you with no details.

Source: http://blackmoor.mystara.us/forums/view ... =6694#6694

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign