Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Thread:
great black castle of the orcs
In the '77 FFC Dave drew an illustration of a walled tower on a cliff overlooking a body of water (ocean?), being attacked by two viking style longships and a dragon belonging to some players. He called the place the "great black castle of the orcs".

Anybody know the who, what, where of this place?
It's on my list :twisted:

I was thinking that it would be in the Realm of the Egg of Coot, either at Trollgate, Ohmfet or some other coastal location. Obviously it could be anywhere, but to me that looks like its on the coast.

Another possibility could be in the Stormkiller Mountains, maybe on the Stealhead River or Mogok River. Perhaps this is where Oberstar is being held?

Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Havard Wrote:Another possibility could be in the Stormkiller Mountains, maybe on the Stealhead River or Mogok River. Perhaps this is where Oberstar is being held?

Giving this some more thought, I am leaning towards this location. According to Arneson, his players never wanted to adventure anywhere near the Egg of Coot. The Stormkiller Mountains seems to be the main center of Orcs and such outside the Realm of the Egg. Not counting the Blackmoor Dungeon of course. Speaking of which, I also have a theory about a secret tunnel leading from the Stormkiller Mountains to the Blackmoor Dungeon. This would help explain why the King of All Orcs can be encountered below Blackmoor.

-Havard
Nice one. Smile Maybe one of the original players will remember this event but until then I like your theory.
It doesn't ring a bell for me. Sorry.
[Image: Sven.png]
Baetho an Elf
The Vales campaign
Could be interesting if the Castle has tunnels leading to the Dungeons under Castle Blackmoor... :twisted:

Havard