Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
[CBI bbpress experiment] What Rafe wanted to save
Just wildly put things together.

Not really sorted, more LOLZy than anything else.

Quote:Hey guys, our new situation puts us in a unique position, basically back where these adventures started, to go pursue some of the open questions. We could investigate any of several threads.

Return the the Maiden's Rest Inn to find out what happened to all the undead, what happened to the tiger (Arecia), and the Maiden herself.
Investigate the fading fabric between the living and the dead.
Investigate what is bothering the Westryn.
Investigate the question about children - why Fant was killing them, why the Afridhi used them for the souls of their weapons, why the slavers were taking them and why there were so many in the pens at Dust Cape.
Go to the Valley of the Ancients and get the artifact that the Iron Duke was after before he finds it (if we can figure out what it was).
Other thoughts?

Any ideas what we should try to do now? Or should we just follow where Rafeal leads us?
Posted 1 week ago # 88.112.96.208 Edit Delete Spam Quote

Dave L
PM this user

As I wasn't with you then, I'm not qualified to choose what to do next - but the thought of following where Rafe leads? *shudders*

Posted 1 week ago # 109.152.61.133 Edit Delete Spam Quote

Rafael
Last Fantasy Campaign Referee
PM this user

Friends and neighbors,

My PC just crashed. Expect more news some of these days. Already got me a fancy laptop to work on, but I'll be slow.

Also, since I can't access most of my data right now, DAVE, I AM ASHAMED. Should have sent the pack to you much earlier.

The Maiden's Blackmoor
Posted 1 week ago # 79.212.245.155 Edit Delete Spam Quote

sheridan
PM this user

Unfortunately, Tolleen's in the same boat as James and Karl; having not been there from the start, she'd rely on the senior members of the party to determine what events should be investigated.
Posted 1 week ago # 71.186.141.93 Edit Delete Spam Quote

Dave L
PM this user

Friends and neighbors,

My PC just crashed. Expect more news some of these days. Already got me a fancy laptop to work on, but I'll be slow.

Also, since I can't access most of my data right now, DAVE, I AM ASHAMED. Should have sent the pack to you much earlier.

No worries about the package Rafe - with a compressed nerve in my spine this past week I've been a lot slower on the maps anyway.

What is more important is - did you lose any data when your computer died, or is your HD salvageable? If you need links to any of the files we've swapped, just let me know.

Posted 1 week ago # 109.152.61.133 Edit Delete Spam Quote

tarlyn
PM this user

Unfortunately, Tolleen's in the same boat as James and Karl; having not been there from the start, she'd rely on the senior members of the party to determine what events should be investigated.

I agree with Sheridan on that.

Posted 1 week ago # 173.179.77.228 Edit Delete Spam Quote

Erdath1
PM this user

Oh, sure make Sven and Erdath make all the decisions haha
Posted 5 days ago # 74.61.160.148 Edit Delete Spam Quote

Erdath1
PM this user

Sven, the way I see it, right now we know of three places that we can go. The Maiden's Rest Inn, Valley of the Ancients, and back to the castle we just left. I agree looking into those other things is important to do, but not sure where we would start looking.

Being that we just encountered the Maiden in the dream world and are now just a few days away from The Maiden's Rest Inn, I would vote going there first.
Posted 5 days ago # 74.61.160.148 Edit Delete Spam Quote

tarlyn
PM this user

I know, let us visit The Caverns of Thracia!

Half serious, half joking . I think Raf is a big Paul Jacquays [sp] fan.....

Posted 4 days ago # 209.89.142.189 Edit Delete Spam Quote

Rafael
PM this user

@Dave: Thanks, and hope your back goes well.

I am not yet sure how much of the data I can recover (depending on what exactly needs to be fixed), but I will get back at you all ASAP.

I should point out that knowledge of the previous adventures is not really necessary.

HOWEVER, an understanding of what has happened to you lately is vital to complete the adventure.

Why were you in the dreamscape?
Why did you see the Maiden in Uther's dream?
What did the king try to show you?

Stuff like that.

And, yeah, Paul Jacquays is my favorite game designer; I liked CoT a lot, and his DragonQuest stuff even more. - He has had some impact on the campaign, due to me more linking GW to my home game and setting the Caverns in Ten.

Let's put it like this: Whenever I think of running a new game, his works are usually among my first choices.

The Maiden's Blackmoor
Posted 4 days ago # 79.212.221.183 Edit Delete Spam Quote

gsvenson
PM this user

So, we have a different set of questions than I first thought and all of us can contribute to the discussion. I thought we were in the dreamscape to bring Uther back. I have no clue as to why the Maiden was in Uther's dream and I didn't realize that Uther was trying to show us something. Does anyone have any theories?
Posted 4 days ago # 88.194.222.106 Edit Delete Spam Quote

Rafael
PM this user

Just realized you had posted something earlier on, Greg. Most excellent! Excellent!!!

I might give you an additional clue:

Why did Audi say he saw Zugzul where you saw the Maiden?

Also, sorry for the rather bizarre plot: I wanted a way to wrap up loose ends, and this seemed the easiest one, with the added bonus that the campaign could visit some unique scenarios.

Apart from now, the game will be much more linear, since the basic setup has been established.
I will be glad when we adventure the current arc, though, since I feel that I confuse you too much.

The next arc will be far more clear than this one...

Also, because you know some of the basic facts about our setting already:

Magic is dwindling.
Ran is back. And Ran is Skelfer.
Baron Fant was probably responsible for Baron Ungulian's madness.
There is a big bad cloud of fire that flies around burning towns.
Erdath and Hrrd have brought the Old Elves back on the map, literally.

Hope that helps.

The Maiden's Blackmoor

sheridan
PM this user

Without looking back (it has been a while!):

>Why were you in the dreamscape?

I thought it was to find out what happened to Ran/Skelfer's phylactery.

>Why did you see the Maiden in Uther's dream?

I'm not entirely certain, besides she was protecting the entrance to the Temple of ID.

>What did the king try to show you?

The way to the Temple of Id.

So...

Ran/Skelfer's phylactory is inside the Temple of ID (or is the temple itself)?
Posted 4 days ago # 71.186.141.93 Edit Delete Spam Quote

gsvenson
PM this user

Scott, that is a good theory. I had forgotten about the Ran's phylactory. Other ideas?
Posted 4 days ago # 93.106.41.186 Edit Delete Spam Quote

Dave L
PM this user

If we can destroy Ran in the "now", will that affect the present - the war, Vestfold's destruction etc.?

That would affect our own being sent back, wouldn't it?
So the question is, can we affect this "now" in major ways that upset the timeline, or do we need to creep between historical "events", find the phylactery and get back to the future?

Posted 3 days ago # 109.152.37.36 Edit Delete Spam Quote

Rafael
PM this user

Hehehe, I think OOC it's pretty clear where Ran's phylactery was, or what the connection between, Uther's adventure, Fant and Ran was.

Mild spoiler: If the party had made it to the Wizards' Citadel in Vestfold, they would have encountered Fant, in all his present glory...

The Maiden's Blackmoor
Posted 3 days ago # 79.212.235.39 Edit Delete Spam Quote

Rafael
PM this user

PREVIEW FUNCTION: AWESOME!!!

Let's try this new text editor...

Okay, you might guess by now that I am a real Prince Valiant aficionado.

(In all seriousness, get the comics if you can; that one is literature. I might be biased, because I was introduced to it as a child, but I still come to admire the sheer depth of it. GO BUY.)

In a panel for panel analysis, I found a little tidbits that so far had escaped my attention:

Uther first appears in early medieval Welsh poetry, but only as a vague name, that tells us nothing about how the composers of those poems or their audiences saw him. The word uthr in Welsh means "terrible" (not in the sense of "monstrous" or "horrible", but in the sense of "inspiring awe or wonder"), and some Arthurian scholars have speculated that Uther was portrayed as Arthur’s father in legend because somebody mistook a description of Arthur in Welsh as "Arthur the terrible" for "Arthur son of Uther"

http://weareallus.com/pv/pv1.html

Since Blackmoor has its own Uther, I thought it might be of interest to you guys here as well...

Yours,

Rafe

The Maiden's Blackmoor
Posted 1 week ago # 79.212.191.84 Edit Delete Spam Quote

Havard
Administrator
PM this user

That certainly is an interesting tidbit Rafe! Thanks for sharing!

Havard

Okay, this is what happens when I fall asleep while reading the FFC.

I had this bizarre dream last night that they were making a Blackmoor Festival right here in the woods close to my town. There was no actual gaming involved, but they were performing some strange rituals and having some food they called the "Blackmoor Stew". Also, they had taken texts from my blog and other fan works from the net which they had illustrated with really ugly drawings. Most of the people involved were really young and rather annoying. Only a few adults were present; Myself, James Maliszewski (who had been flown in from Canada as a guest of honor) and some Norwegian guy who claimed to be a lost relative of Dave Arneson from the Scandinavian branch of his family. This guy was also rather annoying.

I was frustrated because I wanted to document the whole thing for my blog, but things were happening so fast and I was worried that I might miss out on something. Towards the end I also realized that they were selling extremely rare RPG books (and Elmore Illustration Puzzles) which noone at the festival seemed interested in so they were just going to throw away untill I screamed "Noo, I will buy all if it!". I guess this is about where I woke up...

Havard

Posted 2 weeks ago # d4fb9a10 Edit Delete Spam Quote

Rafael
PM this user

I recommend leave the shrooms and switch to meth instead.

FTR, I dreamed a few nights ago that I was a priest of Nerull.

The Maiden's Blackmoor
Posted 2 weeks ago # 5f12c536 Edit Delete Spam Quote

Dave L
PM this user

Havard Wrote:
Towards the end I also realized that they were selling extremely rare RPG books (and Elmore Illustration Puzzles) which noone at the festival seemed interested in so they were just going to throw away untill I screamed "Noo, I will buy all if it!". I guess this is about where I woke up...

Sounds like a normal dream-turned nightmare to me.

Posted 2 weeks ago # 6d98499d Edit Delete Spam Quote

Havard
Administrator
PM this user

Another weird Blackmoor related dream last night. I was looking at the map in DA4 and discovered a large portion in the map that I had never seen before, south of Blackmoor. This included a small Rakasta kingdom... crazy!

-Havard

Posted 6 days ago # 84.202.155.250 Edit Delete Spam Quote

Rafael
PM this user

DRAW THE MAP YOU MUST.

The Maiden's Blackmoor
Posted 6 days ago # 79.212.191.84 Edit Delete Spam Quote

Dave L
PM this user

Whatever you are eating before going to sleep - stop it!

Posted 6 days ago # 82.33.5.143 Edit Delete Spam Quote

tarlyn
PM this user

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm I think I might wanna eat the same thing

Posted 6 days ago # 173.179.77.228 Edit Delete Spam Quote

Dave L
PM this user

I've just noticed, it says I started this topic, when it was Havard.

A glitch in the system, somewhere?

Posted 6 days ago # 109.152.36.223 Edit Delete Spam Quote

Havard
Administrator
PM this user

Dave L said:
I've just noticed, it says I started this topic, when it was Havard.

A glitch in the system, somewhere?

That is odd. Something to do with the transition to the new setup I guess?

Havard

Posted 6 days ago # 84.202.155.250 Edit Delete Spam Quote

Angelo
Key Master
PM this user

Yeah, I think on the import sometimes some of the numbers get crossed. I've never noticed anything major though like an actual post being attributed to someone else.

I thinking coming up with a recipe for "Blackmoor Stew" would be a great idea. What do most people eat when playing in a Blackmoor campaign?
This is a signature. You can make your own signature by editing your profile.
Posted 5 days ago # 68.54.94.118 Edit Delete Spam Quote

Rafael
PM this user

Dunno about you guys, but I eat beer.

The Maiden's Blackmoor

Angelo
Key Master
PM this user

Rafael said:
Dunno about you guys, but I eat beer.

That would explain a lot.

Ok we have our first ingredient! I hope you really come up with something edible.
Posted 4 days ago # 128.183.161.24 Edit Delete Spam Quote

Rafael
PM this user

Sir! Watch your words, Sir.

A duel with me is a dance with the devil, be it rapier, or be it pistols.

The Maiden's Blackmoor

Angelo
Key Master
PM this user

Actually stew made with beer would be awesome.
Posted 4 days ago # 128.183.161.24 Edit Delete Spam Quote

Rafael
PM this user

...What is stew again? Isn't that the stuff the Irish make to scare off tourists?