Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
[Blog] Age of the Wolf to be published by Ink Bat
(03-27-2024, 01:08 PM)Rafael Wrote: Just to clarify, and looking at what others have been writing on the web, as well:

This is going to be the original, unaltered manuscript as sent to the printers in 2009? - Maybe with a new ruleset, but fundamentally the same document, with no later additions? (Like the Reinhagen take on Castle Blackmoor, etc?)

My impression is that it would be an unaltered manuscript, although since this is going to be edition neutral, I assume that some changes need to be made. The original manuscript was likely written for 4E.

I don't remember any specific details about what Mark Rein*Hagen's plans were, but I seem to recall that this was a very different kind of project?

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
(03-28-2024, 12:25 PM)Havard Wrote:
(03-27-2024, 01:08 PM)Rafael Wrote: Just to clarify, and looking at what others have been writing on the web, as well:

This is going to be the original, unaltered manuscript as sent to the printers in 2009? - Maybe with a new ruleset, but fundamentally the same document, with no later additions? (Like the Reinhagen take on Castle Blackmoor, etc?)

My impression is that it would be an unaltered manuscript, although since this is going to be edition neutral, I assume that some changes need to be made. The original manuscript was likely written for 4E.

I don't remember any specific details about what Mark Rein*Hagen's plans were, but I seem to recall that this was a very different kind of project?

-Havard

Thank you for the info.  Smile  Especially because the MMRPG episodes have been out there for so many years, it would just be great to see how "The Age of the Wolf" fits in with them. A rewrite might be tempting for the current producers, but seeing how things were supposed to come together originally might be even more interesting for the intended customers of this one. -- Like, it's not marketed as, whatever, "Blackmoor's great return": It's marketed explicitly towards the old MMRPG crowd, at least so far. So, it would be nice if the actual content was really about that.  Smile

As to Rein*Hagen, I *think* I remember he was mostly interested in doing a remake of the FFC dungeon - but I also *think* he wanted to substantially forward the timeline, or at least work with the same guys that had done AotW. ...But I could be wrong.  Big Grin This was... An improbable twelve years ago already, right?!  Tongue
Every time I read again this announcement I feel the urge of pinching myself, as I still can't believe it... Smile
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land,
making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
Yeah, I'm very interested to see this!