Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Dungeon of Blood Lake
Here is the first story and dungeon I created for Blackmoor. I hope you like it. Please let me know if you have any suggestions or comments.

Story of Talmor
Years ago a young elf named Talmor was raised near the destroyed Temple of ID. His parents warned him not to play around the site, but as the elf grew older he could not help to venture into the rubble. While walking along the edge of what was once the walls of this unholy place the ground caved-in, dropping him down into a shaft of debris. When he awoke he noticed a strange amulet glowing red lying next to him. Talmor felt drawn to the amulet and did not hesitate to place it around his neck.

As time went on Talmor grew intensely troubled. He became an adult that was bitter, angry, and violent. The amulet was obviously having an effect on him. He shunned his parents and everyone he knew and left one night without a word.

The amulet helped guide Talmor into his next venture which was to infiltrate the northern elves. Talmor was as cunning as he was ruthless. He pretended to be someone he was not and the elves trusted him as one of their own. He learned of a powerful sword called Tel’Aquassiru that held within it the soul of the great General Aquassiru.Overnight he took the sword and fled without a trace.

Months later in the small town of Boggy Bottom something strange is happening. It takes a while for the people to notice because Boggy Bottom is rough and traveled through quite often. But lately the undead have been seen in numbers on the outskirts of town. Tales of dark hooded figures with glowing spheres are all the talk at the Soggy Bog pub. Some say these are Westryn Wyrds, also known as undead elves of Westryn. Whispers of the Temple of ID are circulating and it's terrifying.

Dungeon of Blood Lake notes
Talmor has used the sword he stole from the Northern Elves to help control the undead of Westryn. He is beginning to form an army with his goal being to construct a new Temple of ID. At this point, even without the amulet, the young elf that was Talmor is long gone. He is pure evil and Thanatos is his god.

There was an old abandoned underground brewery at the west side of Blood Lake. Talmor has taken it as his own and is using this as his headquarters.

There is a secret passage that leads to the extra area that Talmor has dug out. The passage is marked on the brewery wall with an emblem of the Temple of ID.

Many regular undead are in the dungeon as well as Westryn Wyrds. The Tel'Aquassiru is guarded by a Black Pudding in one of the rooms.

Also near the sword is a black onyx statue that is a replica of the Temple of ID.

You may or may not run into Talmor, it's up to you. Talmor is a tall powerful elf that is very skilled with a blade and uses a long sword as his main weapon. Black warpaint crosses his twisted green eyes. He also has a crossbow strapped to his wrist and alchemy bombs at the ready. He is very elusive and wears a hooded cloak with armor underneath.  He will use anything at his disposal to gain the upper hand.

[Image: dGDhwAM.png]
Thank you!
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land,
making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
Oooh. I like this one! Smile
Hello TheGreenZap!

Welcome to The Comeback Inn! And what a wonderful first entry! I love the map and the backstory of this dungeon with cool links to various parts of Blackmoor lore, including the sword of Tal'Aquissiru. 

Did you ever run an adventure party into this dungeon? How did it go? Smile

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign