Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Blackmoor Coats of Arms
Havard Wrote:Its a classic design for sure, but I was thinking something closer to DA1:

[Image: 44278012592_a579c841bc.jpg]

-Havard

I looked for other heraldic hawks, but I'm still not too convinced: http://www.fleurdelis.com/falcons.htm

The shields seem to bear a (weavy?) bend across them with some kind of buckle in the centre....
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land,
making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
Yaztromo Wrote:
Havard Wrote:Its a classic design for sure, but I was thinking something closer to DA1:

[Image: 44278012592_a579c841bc.jpg]

-Havard

I looked for other heraldic hawks, but I'm still not too convinced: http://www.fleurdelis.com/falcons.htm

Yeah, looks like its gonna be hard to find something that looks like the one in the illustrations.

Quote:The shields seem to bear a (weavy?) bend across them with some kind of buckle in the centre....

I think the central "knob" is supposed to be what is called a Shield Boss in English, even though those are more common with round shield. I think the bend you mention is just a shadow effect.

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Sorry for being terribly curious (I am indeed), but... did you draw these coats of arms with free hand or you used some kind of support?
Yaztromo Wrote:Sorry for being terribly curious (I am indeed), but... did you draw these coats of arms with free hand or you used some kind of support?

I used some free software online. I can see if I find the link when I get home. In some cases, the symbols on the coasts were taken from other places/modified by me.

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
RobJN Wrote:That is the merlion, a chiefly Indian/Southeast asian mythical beastie. It is Singapore's mascot and national personification. (The name "Singapore" is derived from "Singapura," meaning "Lion City")
It recently underwent a face lift, by the way...