Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
My own personal Blackmoor
I run Blackmoor in my own way. I do not fully adhere to any kind of canon.

Some things are different. I set my game about 30 years later than FFC and all the major PCs are now older and appear as mentors for the new PCs. I have my own ideas for ancient lore, thus i have the mysterious Ghebelin race that created many of the ruins found in Blackmoor. It's just an arc story element for my own game because I don't have Dave here to show me the way. I also have so many of my own ideas and I enjoy developing those for my players to explore.

People keep asking me about how one should run blackmoor. I think people are wanting a module which holds their hand. Those of you who purchased Tonisborg books will quickly realize that D.H. Boggs and I never really tell you what to do, we simply offer suggestions. We encourage you to have your own game in your own way and explore options that work for you.

I got a call from Dave Arneson's daughter, Malia, not long ago. She was very excited about the movie and seeing Greg's dungeon published. I asked her about how we're keeping Blackmoor fast and loose so every DM can add their flavor, and that we may be altering canon slightly. She was fully behind the idea.

I am paraphrasing, but she said how Dave wanted Blackmoor to have the space to grow with any of the DMs who run players in the world, that this kind of innovation is necessary to keeping Blackmoor fresh and alive.

I have my own personal Blackmoor and I you should too.

Not long ago I ran some players in my game over Zoom. Since they are in the same world as my house players, something they did will impact the house group in the next session. As a conspiracy to invade the city of Tonisborg, which I call Fastness Fold in my game, gets undone by the Zoom players and the city gate to where the dungeon is gets locked. It's actually a handy way to drive my players in a new direction too, as one player complained that it was turning into too much dungeon slog and not enough mystery and adventure.

I made a recording of the game session. It's nothing fancy. No scripting and 3 camera studio like Critical Role. It's just a real game being played by real people with almost no editing, except a couple of dull bits being cut out.

Feel free to steal ideas, or to rub your temples because - Griff "Your Doing It Wrong!" Wink

You can see here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TncQhgdqUak&t=1189s

Griff
Thank you for the link.

If you are talking to Dave Arneson's daughter, Malia, maybe you know if anyone has broached the subject of republishing The First Fantasy Campaign and making it widely available?
We've talked about it.

No real info yet.

G
Secrets of Blackmoor Wrote:We've talked about it.

No real info yet.

G

Well if she decides to publish it, whether it is a KS or some other way, let me know and I will use my forum/blog/FB/MeWe and Twitter to spread the word and promote it.