Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Tonisborg Available for Pre-Order at $160.00
https://store.secretsofblackmoor.com/co ... t-printing

Quote:The Lost Dungeons of Tonisborg Book (First Edition, First Printing)

Regular price
$160.00

Ships by March 1, 2021

Get your Old-School On! A guide to how Dungeons & Dragons was played before Dungeons & Dragons!
Very limited first-run quantity available. Reserve your copy now!
The real-play companion to the Secrets of Blackmoor documentary film.

The Tonisborg Mega-Dungeon is now finally revealed in all of its original glory. Created in 1973 by Greg Svenson, a core member of Dave Arneson's "Blackmoor Bunch," and preserved for decades by David Megarry (author of The Dungeon! board game). This book offers a unique historical perspective on early dungeon adventure games.

As a Referee of any experience level, you will benefit from the old wisdom revealed within this tome. Everything you need to create fantastical adventures is right here in one place - The Lost Dungeons of Tonisborg.

Includes:
  • Full-color reproductions of all 10 levels of Tonisborg Dungeon, complete with the original dungeon keys and stocking lists.
  • Greg Svenson reveals how the dungeon came about and why it is a bridge between what came before and what comes after.
  • Extensive play guidelines teach you how to make Tonisborg rise again as a real-life experience for you and your players.
  • Updated maps and keys have been reconstructed from the originals for ease of play.
  • A set of historically accurate game rules have been included that are ideal for developing an original style adventure campaign - or use your own preferred rules.
  • An invite into the Tonisborg Forum where you can discuss and collaborate with other Old-School DM's

Serious Quality:
It's printed to last - you'll be able to pass this down to your great-grandchildren (and beyond). This book is printed on a traditional offset press in the United States by Egan Printing Company (est. 1891) and bound at the Denver Bookbinding Company (est. 1929). They know what it takes to make a lasting publication.

Tech Specs:
  • First Edition, First Printing
  • 150 pages 8.5" by 11"
  • Hard Bound w/ Fabric Cover
  • Gold Foil Art on the cover (Art by Ken Fletcher)
  • Gold Foil on spine
  • 70lb Accent Opaque warm white, uncoated, grain long paper with Black ink & 100lb Endurance Silk paper for the full-color original Tonisborg maps
  • Bookmark Ribbon

Limited first run quantity available. Reserve your copy now!

It is nice to see Tonisborg also become available to those who missed out on the Kickstarter. Shipping estimated to March is not far off!

I wish I had that kind of money, but this does look like a really high quality production so if you have a bit of extra cash, then this little treasure could be yours.

In any case I recommend taking a look at the previews. They are displaying some cool things there.

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Thanks for the post Havard.
This looks so awesome, but I just can't swing that amount of coin right now. Sad

I'm hoping that we see a cheaper version sometime soon.
Marv / Finarvyn
Member of The Regency Council
Visit my Blackmoor OD&D board
OD&D since 1975

"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
- Dave Arneson

[Image: Giladan.png]
Like a pdf?
Keighn Wrote:Like a pdf?

There has been talk of a second printing at a reduced price. I have not heard about a PDF yet, but it may be that this happens later.

Full disclaimer: I am not at all associated with Tonisborg or the SoB documentary. Smile

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign