Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Temple of Id - layout
What information do we have about the layout of the ruins of the Temple of Id?

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Virtually none that I know of. There's the brief description of the Id monster and the Jewel. Maybe the best clue is the image Arneson drew of the Jewel of the Sun on it's pedestal but it shows precious little else.
Aldarron Wrote:Virtually none that I know of. There's the brief description of the Id monster and the Jewel. Maybe the best clue is the image Arneson drew of the Jewel of the Sun on it's pedestal but it shows precious little else.

Yeah,
that is what I am basing things on too.

I would suspect that it was once a fairly large complex. Given Arneson's design of other dungeons, I would not be surprised if it once had dungeon tunells that were connected to those of the Blackmoor Dungeon and Glendover Dungeon, although it is possible that those tunnels have since been blocked.

I like to think of the Temple of Id as similar to that of Pankot Palace from the Indiana Jones movie. Not necessarily Indian-esque, but in terms of size and activities. I could see them having slaves mining for magical gems underground while presenting themselves as a peaceful place before their eventual confrontation with Thonia/Blackmoor and the Elves.

There might be a huge dungeon complex there to explore as long as one doesn't provoke the Id Monster...

-Havard
The follow up of this adventure viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8954 is supposed to take place in the Temple of Id...
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land,
making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
Yaztromo Wrote:The follow up of this adventure viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8954 is supposed to take place in the Temple of Id...

Awesome!

When is this coming out? Smile

-Havard