Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
City of the Gods Liveplay
So I stumbled on this and wasn't at all sure what to expect, but was somewhat surprised to discover that it seems to be pretty much the straight up DA3 City of the Gods module, nominally set in Greyhawk's distant past instead of Mystara's but that seems to be just for flavor. So far I've only played to the first episode. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpVkGC54...2WVzaQXT35
Aldarron Wrote:So I stumbled on this and wasn't at all sure what to expect, but was somewhat surprised to discover that it seems to be pretty much the straight up DA3 City of the Gods module, nominally set in Greyhawk's distant past instead of Mystara's but that seems to be just for flavor. So far I've only played to the first episode. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpVkGC54...2WVzaQXT35

Cool! Love the graphics they use.

Any idea what system they are using? Smile

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
They couldn't cut out that 16+ minutes of nothing before the stream actually started...? :?
Rob
[Image: Trista-Thronesig-zps94e26f1f.png]
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | twitter | The Blog
Havard Wrote:Any idea what system they are using? Smile

-Havard

Not really. Something about a Open RPG Roll 20 thing. They do make what I would call "modern" stat checks - roll xyz with advantage/disadvantage against a skill stat. Seems 5e ish but so far the stat rolling hasn't been excessive as it usually is in such games.

The players are oddball things like dragonborn and undead constructs (that one seems kinda fun). Oh and there is an Orc lady who like to transform into a polar bear and has a pet pig. Nice touch that, but not so sure the pig will fare well in the VoA.....

Edit - he said Open Legend RPG system
Aldarron Wrote:So I stumbled on this and wasn't at all sure what to expect, but was somewhat surprised to discover that it seems to be pretty much the straight up DA3 City of the Gods module, nominally set in Greyhawk's distant past instead of Mystara's but that seems to be just for flavor. So far I've only played to the first episode. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpVkGC54...2WVzaQXT35
Started to listen to this. I usually don't listen to other people playing on stream since I find it quite dull. But this is a bit interesting since I am curious about how the adventure could be handled.
Gimle Wrote:
Started to listen to this. I usually don't listen to other people playing on stream since I find it quite dull. But this is a bit interesting since I am curious about how the adventure could be handled.

Cool. Have you come across any interesting twists to the adventure yet? How do you like the PCs? Smile

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Havard Wrote:
Gimle Wrote:

Cool. Have you come across any interesting twists to the adventure yet? How do you like the PCs? Smile

-Havard
Im at part 4 yet and the PC's still hasn't reached the city. As of yet not much interesting has happened. I did not like the characters that much. They seems quite mishmash Half-orc druid/ranger/barbarian with a pig pet who's mostly walking around in bear shape, undead-construct ninja, dragonborn warriors-something(?), some elf (mage?) with a schtick for documenting everything... Quite a crew. Sucked in to the past through the Comeback Inn, get quest from the Fetch to go on expedition to City if the Gods and either loot it for technology or trying to set up diplomatic contact with Beagle crew and regency council. They examined the crashed flying egg and battled some flying robots at the site and moved thru Valley of the Ancients a fought sandpeople raiders.

Though I do have to admit that the guy DMing does a good job. I like his characterizations of the NPC. Dragonborn guy seems to be the most serious minded player and does a good job.