Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Realm of Frisia
Frisia is a ream located north of Blackmoor and south of the Skandaharian Realms. There is very little official information on Frisia and some fans have speculated that this realm never existed in the original campaign. AFAIK the only official references we have for this realm are from DA4. In this adventyre they are described as wild, bellicose pirates c. 1015 (p. 11), at which time they plagued the Robinsport area (p. 41).

The DA modules include references to various groups like Kurgans, Cirkhosians, Frisians etc. Personally, I think these groups do indeed come from Dave Arneson. My theory is that they were wargaming units that Dave grabbed from other war games or for other reasons wrote up wargaming stats for. This in turn lead to them being included in the modules.

Bartertown also appears as a settlement that exists between the Skandaharian lands and Blackmoor.

Fans have taken these tidbits of information and developed them further:

Fan Setting Expansions for Frisia (Hosted at this site with permission from Zimriel)

Fan Adventures set in Frisia

What are your thoughts on the Realm of Frisia? How would you use it in your campaign? Smile

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Also Red Ice on the Black Sea is set in Frisia viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8897

Anyway, all adventures in the land of the Egg of Coot, technically, are set in Frisia, although I believe you were not considering them as part of this topic.

Admin Edit: Replaced link to dowload with link to discussion thread (which includes download link). -Havard
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land,
making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
Yaztromo Wrote:Also Red Ice on the Black Sea is set in Frisia viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8897

Thanks! I have added it to the list now! Smile

Quote:Anyway, all adventures in the land of the Egg of Coot, technically, are set in Frisia, although I believe you were not considering them as part of this topic.

Indeed. I believe that the idea that the Frisians once controlled all of the lands currently held by the Egg of Coot is also a fan concept first introduced in the mini gazetteer, but it is interesting to consider what those lands were like before the Egg rose.

But I would consider material on the Egg of Coot and its current landholdings beyond the scope of this thread even if specific sections etc migth be relevant Smile

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign