Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Thread:
Who was the First King of Blackmoor? (Split from Erwin Andah
Greg Wrote:I'm sure that Aldarron and Havard are already aware of this, but I wanted to add this to the discussion. I managed to find a passage on p. 5 of DA1 that seems to contradict the 4E timeline and some of my previous evidence that there was a king before Uther.

Quote:A council of barons meeting in Vestfold tried to open negotiations with the emperor to end the strife ...

A fortnight later, Uther ended forever the question of the North's allegiance. Declaring himself King of Blackmoor, he raised his standard and began forming an army to fight the empire ...

The Baron of Glendower and the Baron of the Lakes immediately rallied to his call. They were soon joined by a handful of other men, some noble, some mere adventurers, who swore to defend the new crown unto death.

There is of course another option: before Uther there were no kings of the Humans, but there could have kings of the Elves, the Dwarves, the Goblins, the Orcs... and whatever. In fact there is also King Funk.
In my last campaign, in fact, Maragaine is/was queen and mother of king Uhlmar of the Cumasti.
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land,
making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
I've split this thread from the discussion about Erwin Andahar. Feel free to continue discussing both topics!

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
In this fan adventure viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8978 the Elven King Uhlmar is son of Queen Margarine... so she would be Queen of Blackmoor, probably since before the arrival of Robert of Geneva.
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land,
making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
Yaztromo Wrote:In this fan adventure viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8978 the Elven King Uhlmar is son of Queen Margarine... so she would be Queen of Blackmoor, probably since before the arrival of Robert of Geneva.

Having Margarine as the mother of King Uhlmar is an interesting idea. When I created Uhlmar, I did not give much thought to who his parents might have been, but it makes sense that he would have had a mother and a father even though you never know about even fundamental things when it comes to magical creatures.

This of course begs the question: What does it mean to be "King of Blackmoor"?

My assumption was that Uther was the first King of Blackmoor, since he founded the independent Kingdom of Blackmoor. We could also say King Robert of Genova was the first King since he founded the region of Blackmoor and began construction of the current Castle there. The name Blackmoor probably didn't exist before that.

But if we are willing to go past that in the timeline, what about King Jevarin of the Hammerfire Clan?

Or before that, the Sar Aigu leader, who took his people to climb upon those magical cliffs and begin burrowing into the caves that would become the Blackmoor Dungeon?

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign