Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Dave Arneson's Corner of the Table Top Reprint teased
Quote: Today is Dave Arneson Game Day.

Several days ago I set up a long distance meeting with Paul Stormberg to go through the entire publication of Corner of the Table Top.

It didn't really occur to me when I said, Let's do it next Tuesday, that we'd be analyzing COTT on Dave Arneson Game Day, it just happened to end up that way.

Corner of the Table Top, or COTT, is Dave Arneson's fanzine that was published from 1968 up to at least 1986.

A few years ago I spent about 2 weeks on this very same task and created a hand written catalog. The work was very confusing and I found myself redoing sections because I was comparing scans people had sent me with a paper collectionn I had on hand.

I expect we will spend several hours comparing several collections and examining each issue one by one. It's actually the kind of detailed research that I hate doing because it's review work for me, but it has to get done.

The goal is to create the most complete catalog of COTT's in existence. If there is enough interest, we may even publish the entire set of fanzines in a full color book.

Source.

Not all the CoTT issues mention Blackmoor, but for hard core Dave Arneson fans, this would be an incredible resource.

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
I'd love to read those. I suspect they are the sort of thing that if you like the FFC you'd like CotT and if you were puzzled by the FFC you'd probably be puzzled by CotT. Just speculating that Dave's style was similar for the two items.
Marv / Finarvyn
Member of The Regency Council
Visit my Blackmoor OD&D board
OD&D since 1975

"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
- Dave Arneson

[Image: Giladan.png]
I would love to read through the issues, especially for Blackmoor-related content. I hope they'll be made freely available digitally.